"Idar-Oberstein" Top 5 Page for this destination Idar-Oberstein by Urzu
Idar-Oberstein Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 123 photos
Idar-Oberstein is a city situated in Rheinland-Pfalz. The city actually used to be two different ones until 1933, when Idar, and Oberstein untited. It is situated by the Nahe river, and it's a valley area, which makes the view from the top of the hill quite beautiful to watch.
Idar-Oberstein is well known for they gem history, but of course there's much more to the city! I think this should be an ideal destination for a short trip, or for a daytrip if you're around the area.
The city holds great stories, has a really nice and relaxed atmosphere, and of course great shopping if you're looking to get a few semi-precious stones!
Above the Felsenkirche you can see a small castle (Burg Bosselstein), and it is said that in the mid 11th century two... more travel advice
Urzu's Related Pages
Idar-Oberstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Idar-Oberstein: gemstones and history unlimited :)"
- "City of Gemstones!"
- "A real gem!"
- "Not only gem-stones"
- "Idar-Oberstein is situated in the Mosel region"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Idar-Oberstein
- Transportation in Idar-Oberstein
- Restaurants in Idar-Oberstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Idar-Oberstein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idar-Oberstein
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Idar-Oberstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idar-Oberstein
Photos in Idar-ObersteinSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lima Intro, 29 reviews, 65 photos
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 54 photos
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saarbrücken Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos
- Granada Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Girona Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Idar-Oberstein Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Vienna Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Escorial Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Oudenbosch Intro, 1 review, 2 photos