"Lima" Top 5 Page for this destination Lima by Urzu

Lima Travel Guide: 1,191 reviews and 2,768 photos

When I found out I was going to Lima for my grandma's 89th birthday I was totally psyched! Especially considering that my last time in Peru had been 19 years ago when I was there with my family!! I had many fond memories, but as you can imagine I didn't quite remember the city, and I was very curious of it.

Lima doesn't have a very good reputation I must say, most people only pass by Lima on their way to other Peruvian cities such as Cusco, and I have to say that now I have been there I think it's a pity that people don't take the time to explore this very interesting city.

One thing about the city of Lima has to be ept in mind... it's absolutely chaotic! The trafic is crazy, there's a lot of noise and polution, but if you're able to go pass this and explore the many sights you might be surprised of what you can find.

I thought the sign of the picture above was hilarious, it says " Lima looks beautiful, take care of it!". I have many relatives living in Lima and they all say that Lima has improved a lot in the past couple of years, the city is a lot cleaner and the sights are better taken care of. I only spent a few days in Lima, and much of that time was spent with the family, so I'm already looking forward to the next time I go there, because it feels like there's so much more to see!

• Pros:Beautiful sights, great food, cool people
  • Cons:Crazy trafic, chaos!!
  • Last visit to Lima: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 19, 2008

• RozzalynneM's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hola Urzu I just love Lima,you either Love it or Hate it.the people are lovely,the food terrific,like you said the traffic is so crazy I call Lima my second home,Great page you have Regards

• RozzalynneM's Profile Photo

Ofrecemos Traslados Ejecutivos y Transportes Turísticos
    dentro y fuera de Lima

Aeropuerto - Terrapuertos - Hoteles

Paseos y Eventos full day
    Servicio de movilidad hacia campos santos

Confianza y Seguridad

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Feliz Cumpleanos Ursula!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Te ha quedado muy bien la página

• tessyperu's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Si Lima ha mejorado muchisimo, que bueno que tuviste una excelente experiencia. Yo fui guia de turismo en peru por 12 anos, y cada vez que regreso a Lima, no me quiero ir.

• Dutch1980's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Nice going back to Peru again, I see you had a very good time... greets Ron

• bwk_michael's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2008 at 5:22 PM

gute seite ursu, sehr informativ :) und schoene fotos...gruss aus england, micha

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Lima looks very nice :)

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Wow...you saw so much!Barranco sounds nice, we should have tried to fit that in too. I feel like we should have stayed longed in Lima, but like you said, it's so chaotic & noisy.

Badges & Stats in Lima