"Welcome to my home!" Edisto Island by Daylilyguy
Edisto Island Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 42 photos
Edisto is visited by people from across the country looking for a place to slow the pace, unwind, and drop their stress levels a bit.
It boasts a good beach, some really good restaurants, some great produce markets with fresh local vegetables, good fishing, and friendly local people.
It doesn't have roller coasters, water slides, large hotels (or any hotels for that matter), or lots of neon and chain restaurants.
Beautiful scenery invites you to ride around the island. The local historic society has a museum open 3 days a week and hosts a tour of historic island homes each October. They also sponsor a special event which includes "a taste of Edisto" in July. The local land trust has done a good job of beginning the process of trying to keep Edisto a lovely, quiet rural sea island.
- Pros:History, great food, nice people, great scenery.
- Cons:Too many people are beginning to find it!
- In a nutshell:Great at any season!
Edisto Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Edisto Island"
- "South Carolina's Secret Sanctuary"
- "Kallie2199's Edisto Island Page"
- "Edisto Island Exploring"
- "Welcome to my home!"
- "Sun and Sand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edisto Island
- Hotels in Edisto Island
- Restaurants in Edisto Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edisto Island
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Edisto Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edisto Island
Photos in Edisto IslandSee All Photos (1)
No friends yet.