"One of the best...sadly now gone..as of 2011:-(" London by diosh
London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,597 photos
I was taken to this cafe some time ago and couldn't believe how good it was.-A hidden gem in London!
I endevoured to find it again and succeeded this weekend.I decided to take my kids there for Sunday lunch.I rang up on Saturday, having located the place with the help of the internet.They were open, so we arranged to go.We had to travel by public transport, so got a bus to Hammersmith from Richmond, then walked from Hammersmith down to Shepherd's Bush.It was about a 20 minute walk.I was quite slow as it was a hot day!
We eventually found the place, having gone the wrong way down Goldhawk Rd first.My fault as I'd not written down the number!
We settled in and were presented with the menu.You can actually choose anything on the menu in any combination you wish.The food is scrummy, home- cooked and huge portions!You can have a roast (4kinds of meat), with all the trimmings.Their roast potatoes are to die for!To be contd.
Apart from the roasts,(beef, chicken, pork, lamb)and all the trimmings,-there is pasta, in a variety of forms;spaghetti bolognaise,lasagne,canneloni, etc.
Going back to the roast-I was offered braised steak, instead of the other meats,which I had.
There is a choice of every combination of what we call 'full English Breakfast', all day.Eggs, chips, beans and bacon,Gammon, chips, etc.,Sausages and Mash,Liver and Bacon casserole-you cannot believe how delicious this is!I could go on, but it's making me hungry!You can mix and match however you like, with the menu, add extra veg to the roasts,change the veg, whatever you want!
After eating till we were nearly bursting we were offered the pudding menu-
Various fruit pies and custard, fruit salad,sponge puddings, ice cream-whatever!
Followed by giant mugs of tea or coffee!
The prices at this cafe are ridiculous-for London in 2005!3 of us had an absolute blow- out,mains, puds, cold drinks and teas and it came to 18GBP.
e.g.Roasts are 4.00GBP, most other dishes are 3.10GBP, puds are 90p.Cold drinks are 70p.
I am so glad I found it again and that I can promote it on VT!
- Pros:Too numerous!You can eat anything you want from the vast menu in any combination you want.
- Cons:None-apart from not being able to move after the meal
- In a nutshell:'Cafe Rest 'is the Best:-))
'Miracles' is a cafe/ testaurant, in Cockfosters, London, serving an international cuisine.. as well as good old... more travel advice
Anything and everyting! Cheap, cheap, cheap! Also great value. more travel advice
diosh's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 7 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
- Commented on one of diosh's London tips
- Wrote a Review Amazing value and service..in a friendly atmospher in London Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amazing value and service..in a friendly atmospher"
- updated a London Travel Page "One of the best...sadly now gone..as of 2011:-("
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 35 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sète Intro, 37 reviews, 85 photos
- Porlock Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nairobi Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Twickenham Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos