"Twickenham-Richmond's riverside neighbour" Top 5 Page for this destination Twickenham by diosh
Twickenham Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 99 photos
The Octagon Room is to the right of the building.It was built in the early 18th Century, about 1710.This part of the Orleans House is used as a wedding venue and for exhibitions and various celebrations.Yesterday a naming ceremony was neing held there.
The original building was lived in in about 1800 by the Duc d'Orleans, exiled from France.
This beautifully proportioned room, with its black and white marble floor, is latterly used as a wedding, or celebration venue.Music soirees and parties are also held here.
This shows the beautiful external shape of the Octagon Room, built in 1710.Its elegant proportions and position beside the river Thames, make it a delightful place to visit in Twickenham.Exhibitions are held all year round, in the gallery.
- Pros:An elegant niche of Twickenham, to be discovered.
- In a nutshell:For non-rugby fans!The other side of Twickeeenham.
This is what Raft Man looks out at every day-lucky thing-from his mooring in the middle of the river. I just realised... more travel advice
diosh's Related Pages
Twickenham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Twickenham: Home of the English Rugby Union"
- "By the Thames in south west London"
- "Twickenham-Richmond's riverside neighbour"
- "Twickers is Fab"
- "The Home of the World Champions"
- "England 12 Barbarians 32"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Twickenham
- Restaurants in Twickenham
- Shopping in Twickenham
- Warnings and Dangers in Twickenham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Twickenham
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Twickenham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Twickenham
Photos in TwickenhamSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 35 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sète Intro, 37 reviews, 85 photos
- Porlock Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nairobi Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Twickenham Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos