"Nairobi" Nairobi by diosh

Nairobi Travel Guide: 645 reviews and 1,480 photos

Visiting Nairobi,one experiences the dichotomy of abject poverty,experienced by the local people and the luxury that is provided for the tourists.I found this troubling, even though I had gone with a friend on a family visit.We stayed in a 5* hotel with the largest pools in Kenya,whilst the locals had no running water.I'm hoping that the revenue we provided helped the economy of the area in some way.

• In a nutshell:Amazing cultural experience,as was my first trip outside Europe.
  • Last visit to Nairobi: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2004

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Diana - gorgeous animal pics, Kenya is clearly an out-of-this-world experience, and I hope to get there one day :)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Amazing pics of animals. It's still my dream to visit Kenya. Thanks for your warning tips.

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM

NATURE AND NATURE! beautiful page dull of Nature

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2009 at 11:35 AM

An amazing pic of the Crested Crane.

• unaS's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 2:26 AM

On my wish list, but with a Fair Trader guided group.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2008 at 12:29 AM

e didn't see Rhino or the birds, but it is a great experience seeing so many animals co-existing.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2008 at 12:55 PM

Hi Diana really great reading your page here - excellent photos that look like postcards?! and make me want to go there - to support the economy as well!Hope all is well with you there in Richmond!

• megavaler's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Thanks diosh for your lovely pages. Actually you really make our country Kenya to be so lovely. Am proud to be a kenyan i love visitors and make them to be my friends too. Welcome.

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2008 at 5:15 AM

I love Kenya, Nairobi too, tourism is a means of keeping the economy going here and sadly £25K per month they fall short now, such is the effect on tourism since the elections, the people now suffer sadly.

• ricky52's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 6:54 PM

Great pages, tips and photo's. Sheila ant to go to Kenya and see the animals in the wild.

diosh

“always look up-you'll discover so much more about buildings that way..”

Badges & Stats in Nairobi

Have you been to Nairobi?

Latest Activity in Nairobi