"Newer stuff!" diosh's Profile

Trips around London.

We went to the wonderful, William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow.

Some stained glass panels.

These were beautiful..such vibrant colours..and all over 150 years old.

Pembroke Lodge.

This lovely place, now a cafeteria and weddings venue, was the home of Lord Russell, when he was Prime Minister in the 19th Century.
In the 1940s, the Cabinet met here, to plan 'Operation Overloard'..'D-Day'.

The St. Paul's Cathedral Vista.

From within Pembroke Lodge grounds, atop 'King Henry's Mound', one can see across London, to St. Paul's Cathedral..on a clear day!
This is a preserved 'Vista'...one, among several in London and other parts of the UK.
Nothing can be built, to spoil the view!
From the top of the Mound, King Henry V111 is said to have watched Anne Boleyn, being taken down the river Thames, to her execution at the Tower of London.

View across Surrey, from Pembroke Lodge.

We could almost see Windsor Castle the day we were here...just not quite clear enough.
I have been able to see it, before.

Meal at 'Kitchin N1'.

A group of my lovely Facebook friends went for a meal here, the other week.
It's an 'All you can Eat for £8.99' place! A group of us all are friends in 'real life'...now.
This restaurant has Indian, Italian, Thai, Chinese, English Roast, for everyone to help themselves! All delicious..and such good value.

• Intro Updated May 29, 2013

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Belated Happy Birthday

• HackneyBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Hi Diana. I live in Hackney, not far from Walthamstow and I've never been to the William Morris Gallery, would you believe! Happy belated birthday wishes btw! ;-)

Dec 5, 2013 at 1:50 AM

You must go..it's gorgeous...and free:-) We did the trek from Richmond and it was well worth it.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Thankyou all for your kind messages:-) I had a grand birthday, spread over 2 days! On the day had a lovely lunch in our Moroccan cafe in Richmond, dinner with my sons in the evening..saturday we all went to Shepherd's bush for 'Pie & Mash'!Have never had it in my life.. so I had to! I had Pie, Mash, Peas and Liquer...yummmeee:-)
    I even tried Stewed Eels'..and loved them:-)
    Treacle pud and Custard for afters.....OMG:-)
    I had beautiful pressies and 17 cards.. not bad for an oldie!

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM

We love the Moroccan cafe and go there lots:-) Unfortunately Abdul will be closing it soon for a re- furb and is not sure if he'll carry on with it afterwards:-(
      He wants to try to set up some 'trading' with Morocco..and seems to think I could help him in this! Doh!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Dec 8, 2013 at 5:03 PM

he could try ebay - quite a few shops on ebay with seemingly success. I didn't do too badly with some items but takes a lot of time and space but a good way to do it. I have some contacts if he means he needs contacts for suppliers in Morocco.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Hi Diana, a very happy belated birthday to you. I was away and had no internet, that's why I'm a couple of days late.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hello there Diana, sorry I missed your birthday by a couple of hours but I have just got back from another little trip. Hope you had a great day and have a great year to come. fergy.

• Adagio1's Profile Photo

Happy birthday Diana.
    Have a great day.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM

A very Happy Birthday to you, Diana!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Diane, I wish you a very happy birthday and a year full of exciting travel!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
diosh's Profile Photo

diosh

“always look up-you'll discover so much more about buildings that way..”

Real Name