"Newer stuff!" diosh's Profile
We went to the wonderful, William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow.
This lovely place, now a cafeteria and weddings venue, was the home of Lord Russell, when he was Prime Minister in the 19th Century.
In the 1940s, the Cabinet met here, to plan 'Operation Overloard'..'D-Day'.
From within Pembroke Lodge grounds, atop 'King Henry's Mound', one can see across London, to St. Paul's Cathedral..on a clear day!
This is a preserved 'Vista'...one, among several in London and other parts of the UK.
Nothing can be built, to spoil the view!
From the top of the Mound, King Henry V111 is said to have watched Anne Boleyn, being taken down the river Thames, to her execution at the Tower of London.
We could almost see Windsor Castle the day we were here...just not quite clear enough.
I have been able to see it, before.
A group of my lovely Facebook friends went for a meal here, the other week.
It's an 'All you can Eat for £8.99' place! A group of us all are friends in 'real life'...now.
This restaurant has Indian, Italian, Thai, Chinese, English Roast, for everyone to help themselves! All delicious..and such good value.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 134 Reviews
- 595 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Commented on CliffClaven's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How bad is the weather in..."
updated their Profile Page "Newer stuff!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Newer stuff!"
- Wrote a Review Amazing value and service..in a friendly atmospher about Miracles, Cockfosters. in London Restaurants
- diosh and Trekki are now friends.
- updated a London Travel Page "One of the best...sadly now gone..as of 2011:-("
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 35 reviews, 97 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sète Intro, 37 reviews, 85 photos
- Porlock Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Brussels Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haute-Normandie Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nairobi Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Twickenham Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos