"Fin de Lande" Top 5 Page for this destination Finland by magor65
Finland Travel Guide: 9,679 reviews and 22,251 photos
Forests, lakes and sauna - these are the words that everybody uses while speaking of Finland. And of course they are right. About 70% of the country's area is covered by forests. There are almost 200 thousand lakes and sometimes you have the impression that there is hardly any land, but only water around you. It's true, as well, that all hotels and private households have their sauna, and there are a lot of public ones, too. Isn't it amazing that having only six million inhabitants Finland has two million saunas?
Finnish towns are interesting, as well. You won't find there very old architecture, and perhaps they are a little provincial in comparison to other European cities, but they have a lot of charm. But it's true that towns are not the main attraction. Finland is a paradise for those who like contemplating nature and for amateurs of active holidays. Hiking, cycling and rowing are very popular and affordable for everyone. What's important you can put up a tent everywhere, not only in camping sites. If you decide to visit Finland in winter the choice of activities is also wide: cross-country skiing, down-hill skiing, toboggan, and for those with 'thick wallet' - snowmobile or husky safari in Lapland. If you happen to visit Lapland, remember that it's one of traditional gold-fields. Perhaps you'll be lucky enough to find your nugget?
All in all, if you like peace and quiet and beautiful nature, go to Finland. And remember that Finnish people may seem cold outside, but in fact are warm and friendly.
- In a nutshell:lakes, sauna, sports; Lapland and Helsinki
Everybody knows what sauna is and most of us have probably had the chance to be in one. But going to a real Finnish... more travel advice
Turku (Abo in Swedish) is the oldest town in Finland. It was the capital of the country until 1812. Probably its... more travel advice
magor65's Related Pages
Finland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Finland - about stereotypes and uniqueness"
- "Tales from the Thousand Lakes"
- "It is never too hot in Finland"
- "Fin de Lande"
- "IMPORTANT FINLAND FACTS"
- "Finland, it is quite fine land, may I say"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Finland
- Hotels in Finland
- Transportation in Finland
- Nightlife in Finland
- Restaurants in Finland
- Shopping in Finland
- Warnings and Dangers in Finland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Finland
- 36 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Finland
Top 10 Pages
- Georgia Intro, 35 reviews, 132 photos
- Namibia Intro, 31 reviews, 114 photos
- Portugal Intro, 27 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 91 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos