"Czestochowa and its vicinity" Top 5 Page for this destination Czestochowa by magor65

Czestochowa Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 289 photos

Czestochowa

What makes Czestochowa unique is Jasna Gora. The sanctuary situated on the hill houses the best known religious painting in Poland - the picture of Black Madonna. Every year about five million pilgrims and tourists from all over the world come to Jasna Gora, and the town and its people welcome them warmly.

The vicinity of Czestochowa

I visit Czestochowa regularly several times a year because this is where my husband comes from and where his family live. There is one more thing, apart from Jasna Gora, that makes this town special to me. It is beautifully situated at the edge of what is one of my favourite parts of Poland: Krakowsko- Czestochowska Upland. It takes just twenty minutes and you are away from the city's hustle in a completely different world of rocks, old castles and wonderful sights. Jura ( this is what it is commonly called) offers everybody something to suit their tastes. It's a great place for cyclists, rock-climbers, horse riders and all those who love walking.

• Pros:Jasna Gora with the image of Black Madonna; beautiful landscapes of Jura
  • Cons:crowds of people On Jasna Gora, especially in August
  • In a nutshell:If you are a catholic you must come here at least once in your life, if you are not you still can have fantastic time visiting Jura
  • Last visit to Czestochowa: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2004

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2012 at 8:57 AM

thank you for a very good set of pages. I only knew about the pilgrimage site, but with the rocks nearby and some old castles..my kind of place:) regards from maryland.val

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2009 at 4:34 AM

A very interesting page of a famous place. Thank you.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Margor, fabulous little page with brilliant photos. I didn't know that there are so many nice castles around Czestochowa.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Czestochowa looks like a very beautiful part of Poland and the Jasna Gora monastery is amazing! Situated high above and visited by so many pilgrims, it reminds me of Lamego in Portugal. I like the sound of renting a bike to explore here!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 10:13 AM

an interesting page and great pics ! I often heared of this place, but never had the possibility to go there...

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Thanks Malgorzata for a very interesting page! I've heard a lot about the miraculouse picture of Our Lady in Czestochowa but knew nothing about medivial castles there. May be one day I would be able...

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2006 at 6:24 AM

Back for a visit and a few more votes on your tips. You've done a great job of telling the stories.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 2:40 PM

Every time I look at your pages I know I have to come to Poland. Great tips and some of the clearest and best photos on VT! I will look forward to your Ireland pages. Have a great trip.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 5:31 PM

Thanks for the interesting tips!

• May 6, 2006 at 1:03 PM

Hi Malgorzata, Thank you for dropping by. Perhaps one day...a pancake:~))!! I enjoyed your Czestochowa Page. So interesting! Regards.

magor65

“I'm no longer sure that what's important is more important than what is not”

Badges & Stats in Czestochowa

Have you been to Czestochowa?

Latest Activity in Czestochowa