"Czestochowa and its vicinity" Top 5 Page for this destination Czestochowa by magor65
Czestochowa Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 289 photos
What makes Czestochowa unique is Jasna Gora. The sanctuary situated on the hill houses the best known religious painting in Poland - the picture of Black Madonna. Every year about five million pilgrims and tourists from all over the world come to Jasna Gora, and the town and its people welcome them warmly.
I visit Czestochowa regularly several times a year because this is where my husband comes from and where his family live. There is one more thing, apart from Jasna Gora, that makes this town special to me. It is beautifully situated at the edge of what is one of my favourite parts of Poland: Krakowsko- Czestochowska Upland. It takes just twenty minutes and you are away from the city's hustle in a completely different world of rocks, old castles and wonderful sights. Jura ( this is what it is commonly called) offers everybody something to suit their tastes. It's a great place for cyclists, rock-climbers, horse riders and all those who love walking.
- Pros:Jasna Gora with the image of Black Madonna; beautiful landscapes of Jura
- Cons:crowds of people On Jasna Gora, especially in August
- In a nutshell:If you are a catholic you must come here at least once in your life, if you are not you still can have fantastic time visiting Jura
Every year around Christmas there is a nativity scene displayed on Jasna Gora. Some animals, like llamas or donkeys, are... more travel advice
The cannons have been made contemporarily to commemorate the defence of Jasna Gora against Swedish troops in 1655. There... more travel advice
magor65's Related Pages
Czestochowa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Czestochowa ~ Jasna Gora Sanctuary"
- "Czestochowa and its vicinity"
- "Czestochowa - The Heart of Polish Catholicism"
- "Czestochowa - Home of the black madonna"
- "Vibraciones Especiales / Spetial Vibrations"
- "Częstochowa, my home city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Czestochowa
- Hotels in Czestochowa
- Transportation in Czestochowa
- Nightlife in Czestochowa
- Restaurants in Czestochowa
- Warnings and Dangers in Czestochowa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Czestochowa
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Czestochowa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Czestochowa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 35 reviews, 132 photos
- Namibia Intro, 31 reviews, 114 photos
- Portugal Intro, 27 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 91 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos