"Where my heart belongs" Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw by magor65

Wroclaw Travel Guide: 813 reviews and 2,158 photos

If I were to say which of the cities seen by me is the most beautiful, the choice would be very hard. For many years I was in love with Budapest ( in times when the world behind the 'iron curtain' was not for us). Then there was Paris, Barcelona, London... and the gigantic cities in Asia - Kuala Lumpur, Hong-Kong, Beijing, Bangkok. But it was in Wroclaw that most of my father's family settled in the late forties when they lost their homes in what today is Ukraine and Belorus. It was here that I went on my first dates, played truant, made life-lasting friendships and got married ( twenty and something years ago). So many places have sentimental value for me. That's why the answer to the question asked at the very beginning would be WROCLAW. Besides, all of us who remember the city from the grey days of communism must admit that now it's a different place - much more beautiful, truly European, full of life. And we are proud of it!
If you stay in Wroclaw several days you should see some places of interest outside the city. I can assure you that you won't regret your decision. To see what waits for you there you may visit my Wojewodztwo Dolnoslaskie page.

• Pros:many events, interesting architecture, a lot of parks
  • Cons:roads and trafic jams
  • In a nutshell:come and see by yourself; you will not regret
  • Intro Updated Feb 5, 2007

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Can't wo see your city! I'll be there in August for a language class - very excited!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Magor, fabous new tip and photos of the Multimedia Fountain. I remember the area around the Centennial Hall very well from my visit a few years ago.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Ggod afternoon!, I hope all is well with you and your family!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for your kind comment on my Paris page. I discovered Poland at the VT meet and liked it. I looked with interest at your travelogue before and after WWII. People of my age do not forget that the 1st Polish Division liberated large parts of Belgium.

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Wonderful tips. Beautiful pictures. I can’t wait to visit your country. Thanks for sharing *Nico*

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Hello, Malgorzata! Thanks for your wonderful description! ><><><

• Dec 29, 2010 at 5:00 AM

I am so imressed with the way you have portraited your city though I speak a bit of Polish but Ido like your English. I know that Polish people are so bothered with the past but it is high time to forget and forgive. Dzieki Malgorzata

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on life in Warsaw and it's amazing history over the centuries! Thanks too for your thoughts on the lives of everyday people who have experienced both sides of the Iron Curtain. Would love to visit one day!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Oh fantastic, a lamplighter lits gas laterns :-) I love your Wroclaw and the legends and of course the so marvellous buildings :-)) Do you know the Bonhoeffer statue at Westminster Abbey? evening smiles from here :-)

• Wowmoment's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2008 at 1:13 PM

The Polish spirit just leaps from your pages. I have to admire a country that suffered so much destruction dusted itself off and just rebuilt in the old style. I saw this in Warsaw, but you are tempting me to see your lovely city one day.

magor65 Lives Here!

magor65

“I'm no longer sure that what's important is more important than what is not”

Badges & Stats in Wroclaw

Have you been to Wroclaw?

Latest Activity in Wroclaw