"Potsdam for a dessert after Berlin" Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam by magor65
Potsdam Travel Guide: 388 reviews and 1,271 photos
Potsdam, being almost a part of Berlin, should be included in any visit to the capital of Germany. It's easily available by bus or train but we were lucky to go there by car with our German friend.
Although Cecilienhof greeted us with rain, then the weather changed and we could admire the Sanssouci palace and park bathed in the sun. We didn't get inside the palace, but a long walk in the park and visiting other attractions of Potsdam made our day. Now I believe those of you who say that there is much more to Potsdam than the world famous Sanssouci. I liked Alexandrovka - the Russian colony, the Dutch quarter and all other places in the town. Potsdam is a definite 'must'.
- In a nutshell:close to Berlin and definitely worth visiting
A nice alternative to overland transport in Potsdam, especially on a hot summer day, is a water taxi. The service is... more travel advice
Belvedere on the Klausberg hill was the last construction that Frederick the Great had built (1770 -1772). The word... more travel advice
magor65's Related Pages
Potsdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanssouci Royal Park"
- "Potsdam, More than Princes, Parks and Palaces"
- "Potsdam - town of palaces, parks and water"
- "Potsdam for a dessert after Berlin"
- "Potsdam and Cecilienhof"
- "Palaces and History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Potsdam
- Hotels in Potsdam
- Transportation in Potsdam
- Nightlife in Potsdam
- Restaurants in Potsdam
- Shopping in Potsdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Potsdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Potsdam
- 15 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Potsdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potsdam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 35 reviews, 132 photos
- Namibia Intro, 31 reviews, 114 photos
- Portugal Intro, 27 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 46 reviews, 84 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 91 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 24 reviews, 91 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos