"Potsdam for a dessert after Berlin" Top 5 Page for this destination Potsdam by magor65

Potsdam Travel Guide: 388 reviews and 1,263 photos

Potsdam, being almost a part of Berlin, should be included in any visit to the capital of Germany. It's easily available by bus or train but we were lucky to go there by car with our German friend.
Although Cecilienhof greeted us with rain, then the weather changed and we could admire the Sanssouci palace and park bathed in the sun. We didn't get inside the palace, but a long walk in the park and visiting other attractions of Potsdam made our day. Now I believe those of you who say that there is much more to Potsdam than the world famous Sanssouci. I liked Alexandrovka - the Russian colony, the Dutch quarter and all other places in the town. Potsdam is a definite 'must'.

• In a nutshell:close to Berlin and definitely worth visiting
  • Last visit to Potsdam: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 20, 2009

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM

We have been to Berlin twice now but not yet made it to Potsdam (we did however see the Glienicke Bridge from the other end!). We will clearly have to go for "dessert" next time ;-) I love your photos of Sanssouci with the vines in front, and the Chinese tea-house looks magnificent! I also really liked your photos of the Belvedere (so nice that the sun came out) and the dragon :-)

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Very useful page and of course, place is amazing. Definitely would like to visit it as a daytrip from Berlin:)

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Wonderful pages Malgorzata...if I ever return to Berlin..Potsdam and a visit with a friend living there is definitely on my list of "must do's" Terrific photos and interesting tips! Thanks!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

If I ever visit Berlin I would be sure to check out this place = nice tips

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Another outstanding page of yours. I must admit that I have never heard of the Alexandrovka district before. I especially like the story of Marian Zacharski in your descriptions about the Glienicke Bridge. Very well done.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Nice overview of the sights of Potsdam. My one visit to Potsdam thus far was a business trip, so I didn't really see any of the sights, but I hope to rectify that soon.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Malgorzata, thank you for these very interesting tips as well as the beautiful photos of Potsdam's gorgeous architecture and wonderful gardens!! It looks like you had perfect weather for your 'walkabout'!

magor65

“I'm no longer sure that what's important is more important than what is not”

Badges & Stats in Potsdam

Have you been to Potsdam?

Latest Activity in Potsdam