"Xi'an - where the empire started" Shaanxi Sheng by magor65

Shaanxi Sheng Travel Guide: 1,149 reviews and 3,179 photos

Xi'an was the next destination after Beijing during our journey to China. The main reason why we decided to visit it was naturally the army of terracotta warriors, but it turned out that tha place has more to offer: interesting temples nicely illuminated at night, good shops and street markets and beautiful vicinity. It's essential to remember that for over 2000 years Xi'an was the royal and imperial capital and practically it was here that Chinese empire started. Summin up, it's highly recommendable to see the place.

• Pros:terracotta army, interesting temples, beautiful vicinity
  • Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:If you come to China, visit Xi'an!
  • Last visit to Shaanxi Sheng: Aug 2001
  • Intro Written Jul 27, 2004

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Magor, fabulous little page about this Chinese gem. I must admit that I have never heard about the terracotta warrior before.

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Terracotta Warriors were quite amazing to see in person. But we didnt really like Xian that much, loved shopping in the Muslim Quarters though :)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2008 at 1:03 PM

The Terracotta Warriors are an amazing sight - must have been sheer joy when they were discovered The pagoda's both big and small would hold my interest too!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 7:33 AM

Lucky you to have been able to view the famous terra-cotta warriors! I watched an interesting documentary on Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi only a few weeks ago. Beautiful shots of the various temples too!

• penumbra's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2006 at 6:01 PM

The Bell Tower looks particularly impressive at night. Thanks for stopping by my Calgary page.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 1:54 PM

Terracotta warriors look fantastic. I hope they will dig out more until I get to Shaanxi Sheng. Well, I'll not notice the ban for photography for sure :-) Great panoramic night shot of the Bell Tower.

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 8:09 PM

Another nice page. Thanks for sharing, W.

magor65

“I'm no longer sure that what's important is more important than what is not”

Badges & Stats in Shaanxi Sheng

Have you been to Shaanxi Sheng?

Latest Activity in Shaanxi Sheng