"A place of wonder" Top 5 Page for this destination Etosha National Park by magor65

Etosha National Park Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 539 photos

Visiting Africa for the first time and not going on a safari? Of course it was out of question for me. So I included Etosha as one of the 'must see' places in my very first plans. But I had never expected it to be so captivating and engaging as it was. Seeing animals in their natural habitat was for sure one of the highlights of my stay in Africa. Although I haven't seen all of the BIG FIVE ( for those who are not familiar - big five includes a lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and black rhino) it was a truly enchanting experience. We stayed there two full days - I wish it had been longer.

• In a nutshell:An absolutely amazing experience
  • Last visit to Etosha National Park: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2010

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM

That's a great opening shot, but it pales in comparison to your "portrait of a lion" - wonderful! I loved Etosha but we didn't see any lions here at all. Great info on all the animals - super page!

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Nice tips and lovely photographs. Alan

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Very nice Etosha safari photos. Did you stay in a camp in the park?

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Really nice wildlife photos. Very well done.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Magor, fabulous page with stunning photos. Especially your intro photo is absolutely brilliant. Well done.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM

stunning photo's my friend and a lovely review of your time there. Still waiting for your tips and photo's on my country ;-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Etosha is such a fantastic N.P.! Great photos :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2010 at 6:54 AM

These are beautiful photos and great tips on your safari experiences!! Sue and I would love to once again visit a game park like this and just enjoy the whole Africa experience one more time.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I can hardly wait to read the rest....what a terrific experience for you..Ill check in again soon. :o)

magor65

“I'm no longer sure that what's important is more important than what is not”

Badges & Stats in Etosha National Park

Have you been to Etosha National Park?

Latest Activity in Etosha National Park