"Following the UNESCO World Heritage sites" Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic by magor65

Czech Republic Travel Guide: 17,123 reviews and 40,392 photos

Although the Czech Republic is not a big country, but its history is diverse and fascinating. Throughout centuries the country's inhabitants of different nationalities founded splendid towns, built magnificent castles and churches, created countless masterpieces of art. It's enough to say that the Czech Republic boasts over 2000 castles and chateaux, which gives it the first place in the world if we consider the number of castles per square kilometre.

No wonder that this small country has as many as 12 UNESCO World Heritage sites within its boundaries. It took us a week to visit eight of them and as we had visited Prague before, the remaining three are still waiting for us. They are: Lednice-Valtice, Litomysl and Brno. I hope it won't take long before we return.

The following pages include also other attractions of the Czech Republic. Not to be mixed with the UNESCO sites I grouped them in the 'off-the-beaten path' section. As I often visit the Czech Republic (it's our neighbour, after all) I think these pages are going to grow systematically. I also intend to put here my impressions from the past visits.

• Last visit to Czech Republic: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 30, 2009

• Apr 7, 2014 at 3:35 PM

hi everyone we are going to Czech Republic in July in a camper van ,we can stay there for two weeks will be arriving form the Slovakia and going to Ostrava area ,Brno and Prague ,we have no idea which areas we should see and would love some suggestions,we prefer rural/ mountain/farming areas to cities
    thanks

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

A great taste of things to do. I love the castles and history of it. neat thing with the czech republic is that you can concentrate even on small areas and have a great many things to do and not enough time to finish all of them. always reason to go back

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2011 at 11:55 AM

What fantastic sights you have captured here! We have been to Prague and Kutna Hora, but clearly there so much more to be seen - I love the look of Cesky Krumlov especially, and Punkva Cave looks magical in your photos

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I enjoyed clicking through your fine photos and reading your informative texts. I’m glad you and your niece found that tombstone in Trebic of the young lovers who were married on their deathbeds so that they might sleep under the same matzeva.

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Great page about Czech land ;) Actually would love to visit more in Czech Republic (now visited just four places) Greetings from Wilno!

• Paris92's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Great pages! Congratulations on your Barney nomination!!!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Excellent page! You make me wish I could go and see all of these places for myself.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM

You have prepared excellent detail description of the sties in this country, and the pictures well done.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Wow, your trip descriptions leave me speechless - marvellous destinations you have been at! Cesky Krumlov is amazing, the whole town setting! And the buildings in Telc and the clock in Olomouc! I also like the cave, it must be exciting to visit!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Was just curious to see Czech in your eyes as I am temporary here now :)

magor65 Visits Here Frequently!

magor65

“I'm no longer sure that what's important is more important than what is not”

Badges & Stats in Czech Republic

Have you been to Czech Republic?

Latest Activity in Czech Republic