"Following the UNESCO World Heritage sites" Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic by magor65
Czech Republic Travel Guide: 16,895 reviews and 39,827 photos
Although the Czech Republic is not a big country, but its history is diverse and fascinating. Throughout centuries the country's inhabitants of different nationalities founded splendid towns, built magnificent castles and churches, created countless masterpieces of art. It's enough to say that the Czech Republic boasts over 2000 castles and chateaux, which gives it the first place in the world if we consider the number of castles per square kilometre.
No wonder that this small country has as many as 12 UNESCO World Heritage sites within its boundaries. It took us a week to visit eight of them and as we had visited Prague before, the remaining three are still waiting for us. They are: Lednice-Valtice, Litomysl and Brno. I hope it won't take long before we return.
The following pages include also other attractions of the Czech Republic. Not to be mixed with the UNESCO sites I grouped them in the 'off-the-beaten path' section. As I often visit the Czech Republic (it's our neighbour, after all) I think these pages are going to grow systematically. I also intend to put here my impressions from the past visits.
Velehrad is one of the most important places of pilgrimage in Moravia. It is strictly connected with the tradition of Ss... more travel advice
The castle of Kratochvile ( 40 km west of Budejovice) was built during the reign of the last Lords of the Rozmberk at... more travel advice
magor65's Related Pages
Czech Republic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Czechia - great architecture & landscapes"
- "CZECH REPUBLIC"
- "The Czech Republic"
- "Following the UNESCO World Heritage sites"
- "Czech Republic: Finding Beers & Hockey Players"
- "Paul2001's Czech Republic page"
- "Adventures in Czechia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Czech Republic
- Hotels in Czech Republic
- Transportation in Czech Republic
- Nightlife in Czech Republic
- Restaurants in Czech Republic
- Shopping in Czech Republic
- Warnings and Dangers in Czech Republic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Czech Republic
- 19 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Czech Republic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Czech Republic
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: How much does it cost to get..."
- Commented on one of Gili_S's Czech Republic travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hluboka castle"
- Wrote a Review Velehrad in Czech Republic Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Czech Republic Travel Page "Following the UNESCO World Heritage sites"
Photos in Czech RepublicSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 31 reviews, 114 photos
- Portugal Intro, 27 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 91 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic Intro, 19 reviews, 79 photos
- Laos Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Top Czech Republic hotels
- Prague Hotels
- 11819 Reviews - 24788 Photos
- Brno Hotels
- 468 Reviews - 1026 Photos
- Ostrava Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 302 Photos
- Karlovy Vary Hotels
- 202 Reviews - 677 Photos
- Plzen Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 420 Photos
- Marianske Lazne Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 206 Photos
- Cheb Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 141 Photos
- Cesky Krumlov Hotels
- 331 Reviews - 947 Photos
- Ceske Budejovice Hotels
- 154 Reviews - 523 Photos
- Teplice Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Olomouc Hotels
- 281 Reviews - 1000 Photos
- Telc Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Kutna Hora Hotels
- 336 Reviews - 849 Photos
- Hradec Kralove Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 72 Photos
- Usti nad Labem Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 87 Photos