"Hue in the rain" Hue by magor65
Hue Travel Guide: 621 reviews and 1,726 photos
Although I had heard about the capricious weather in Hue I was quite disappointed to find it raining all the time during our short stay there. Having seen the highlights of the city we decided to go south 'towards the sun', without giving ourselves a chance to immerse in the atmosphere of the place and forming any kind of emotional bond with it. After easy-going Laos, Hue made a contrast with its stream of motorcyclists and crowded streets. But still I will remember Hue as an interesting city with magnificent architecture.
Despite the infamous weather Hue is frequently visited by foreign tourists. Its old imperial complex is inscribed in the UNESCO Cultural Heritage list. The city used to be the capital of Vietnam during the reign of the Nguyen dynasty (1802- 1945). Although it was severely destroyed in 1968 during Vietnamese American war, many architectural gems are preserved. So don't give it a miss if you come to Vietnam.
- Cons:rain, rain, rain
Conical hats are one of the most common symbols of Vietnam recognized everywhere. But Hue hats are exceptional. Often... more travel advice
All elements constituting Tu Duc's tomb have a word 'khiem' (modest) in their names. It stands in stark contrast to the... more travel advice
magor65's Related Pages
Hue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HUE & SURROUNDS ARE INTERESTING!"
- "the capital of the Nguyễn Lords"
- "The Vietnamese Imperial City"
- "Ancient Capital"
- "IMPERIAL HUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hue
- Hotels in Hue
- Transportation in Hue
- Nightlife in Hue
- Restaurants in Hue
- Shopping in Hue
- Warnings and Dangers in Hue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hue
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Hue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hue
Photos in HueSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 31 reviews, 114 photos
- Portugal Intro, 27 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 91 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 86 photos
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic Intro, 19 reviews, 79 photos