"Eisenach - where history and legends intertwine" Top 5 Page for this destination Eisenach by magor65
Eisenach Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 371 photos
We wouldn't have visited Eisenach if it wasn't for the Wartburg castle - one of the oldest and most interesting of numerous castles in Germany, subscribed on the Unesco Heritage list. But Eisenach itself turned out to be a nice place with interesting architecture and important history marked by the lives of such outstanding personalities as J.S. Bach or M. Luther.
Another thing that makes Eisenach a destination worth visiting is its geographical location among the forested hills and green farms of central Germany close to Thuringian Forest which offers many hiking and cycling possibilities. We enjoyed our short walk through the picturesque Dragon Gorge (Drachenschlucht).
Another claim to fame is the factory which in times of the GDR manufactured a well-known car Wartburg.
All in all, Eisenach is definitely an interesting place to visit.
I am fond of sightseeing. Visiting marvels of architecture, historical places, highlights of the region gives me a real... more travel advice
J.S. was associated with many German towns, but Eisenach as his birthplace and the place where he spent his childhood... more travel advice
magor65's Related Pages
Eisenach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wartburg, lots of vintage-Wartburgs & a lot more"
- "Eisenach - where history and legends intertwine"
- "My Eisenach"
- "Eisenach: from Bach to Egk"
- "Eisenach Page"
- "JS Bach, born and baptised in Eisenach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eisenach
- Hotels in Eisenach
- Transportation in Eisenach
- Restaurants in Eisenach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eisenach
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Eisenach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eisenach
Top 10 Pages
- Namibia Intro, 31 reviews, 114 photos
- Portugal Intro, 27 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 45 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tuscany Intro, 23 reviews, 103 photos
- Israel Intro, 38 reviews, 84 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 25 reviews, 91 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 92 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 86 photos
- Ireland Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Czech Republic Intro, 19 reviews, 79 photos