"Grenada - The Spice Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada by Rachael71
Grenada Travel Guide: 436 reviews and 1,379 photos
Grenada is the most southerly of the Windward Islands and is famous for its beautiful beaches and its spices. It is a very green and beautiful island, with a stunning rainforest that shouldn't be missed.
The capital of the island is St George's, a pretty harbour town on the south-west of the island. The famous spice market is here, and it's a nice place just to wander about. The history of Grenada is evident everywhere you turn - be sure to vist Fort George to learn more about its past.
The coral reefs around the island are great to try scuba diving and snorkelling, and there are many companies that run boat trips out to the best places to dive. A lot of hotels have snorkelling equipment for guests' use, as well as kayaks and sunsails. My underwater photography isn't great (only a disposable camera!) but this slightly blurry shot will give you an idea of what to expect.
- Pros:Sunshine, spices and sand
- In a nutshell:A great place for relaxation
We took a jeep safari trip of the island which included a visit to this waterfall - if you could brave the cold of the... more travel advice
Grenada is a great place for watersports, both for beginners and those with more experience. The island has a number of... more travel advice
Rachael71's Related Pages
Grenada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IT'S COOL"
- "Nutmeg, Rum, Hurricanes and Ronald Reagan"
- "Henrik's Grenada-page"
- "The spice island"
- "Grenada - The Spice Island"
- "Grenada - In One Day!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grenada
- Hotels in Grenada
- Transportation in Grenada
- Nightlife in Grenada
- Restaurants in Grenada
- Shopping in Grenada
- Warnings and Dangers in Grenada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grenada
- 14 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Grenada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grenada
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Barbados Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Brugge Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos