"Antigua" Antigua and Barbuda by Rachael71
Antigua and Barbuda Travel Guide: 440 reviews and 1,388 photos
Antigua was my first experience of the Caribbean - and what a perfect introduction to this beautiful part of the world it was! I had been a little worried before our trip that I would be a little bored, thinking that the Caribbean was just a destination for sun-worshippers. Antigua proved me wrong.
Antigua has a long and fascinating history, which can be explored by visiting such places as Betty's Hope (a former sugar plantation) and Nelson's Dockyard, which we were told is a UNESCO world heritage site. The island was part of the British empire from 1632, and provided a safe harbour for the British navy during the 17th and 18th centuries.
We visited Antigua in September, at the tail end of the rainy season. For most of the time we enjoyed fabulous sunshine,... more travel advice
Heritage Quay is a purpose-built shopping area in St John's. It is aimed firmly at the day-trippers who visit from the... more travel advice
Rachael71's Related Pages
Antigua and Barbuda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Antigua - on a shoestring"
- "365 Days of Beaches"
- "Antigua for a Day!"
- "AntigA with U"
- "Antigua Wedding 2004"
- "Antigua & Barbuda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antigua and Barbuda
- Hotels in Antigua and Barbuda
- Transportation in Antigua and Barbuda
- Nightlife in Antigua and Barbuda
- Restaurants in Antigua and Barbuda
- Shopping in Antigua and Barbuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Antigua and Barbuda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antigua and Barbuda
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Antigua and Barbuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antigua and Barbuda
Photos in Antigua and BarbudaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Barbados Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Brugge Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos