"Pembrokeshire Coast National Park" Pembrokeshire Coast National Park by Rachael71
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 181 photos
The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park is one of the most beautiful and dramatic stretches of coastline in the UK. Hundreds of walkers come to the park each year to walk the 186 mile coastal path, while many more tourists come to visit its pretty villages and unspoiled beaches. The area is a haven for birdwatchers too. It is home to the rare chough, which , in the UK, can only be found in Pembrokeshire and Cornwall - look out for a black bird with a bright red beak. You will also see puffins and, if you are lucky, porpoises and seals basking in the sea. History lovers will not be disappointed either, with places of interest ranging from iron age settlements to the beautiful St David's Cathedral. The stones that built Stonehenge came from the Preseli Hills in Pembrokeshire. St Elvis came from that area too - St Elvis of Preseli, it has a certain ring to it, don't you think? (I swear I'm not making this up!)
The Sloop Inn in Porthgain is one of the most famous pubs in the area and has a well-deserved reputation for good food.... more travel advice
St Davids Head is at the tip of the peninsula, close to Whitesands Beach. It is the site of an iron-age settlement, and... more travel advice
Rachael71's Related Pages
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wales' Crowning Glory......."
- "Newport, Pembrokeshire"
- "West Coast of Wales"
- "Archaeologist's Paradise"
- "Pembrokeshire Coast National Park"
- "Stunning coastline"
- "Britains Only Coastal National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Hotels in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Restaurants in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Shopping in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Pembrokeshire Coast National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
Photos in Pembrokeshire Coast National ParkSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Barbados Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Brugge Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos