"Rye" Top 5 Page for this destination Rye by Rachael71
Rye Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 264 photos
Rye is a small town in East Sussex and is one of the ancient Cinque Ports. The Cinque Ports date back to at least the twelfth century and is existed as a confederation to protect fishing rights and to act as a defence against attack from overseas.
Rye today is some distance from the sea, but retains evidence of its past down by the river, where the fishermen's warehouses still stand. It is a beautiful and quaint village with meandering streets, and ancient buildings such as the 800 year old church and the Ypres Tower. It's also a good base for exploring other parts of the region.
A few miles outside Rye lies Bodiam Castle. You know the pictures of castles that you used to draw when you were a... more travel advice
Lamb House's claim to fame is that it was the home of the writer Henry James during the early 20th century. It is now... more travel advice
Rachael71's Related Pages
Rye Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic, Medieval Rye"
- "Rye - East Sussex Gem"
- "Historic Sussex Town on the Kent Border"
- "A Night and Day in Rye"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rye
- Hotels in Rye
- Transportation in Rye
- Nightlife in Rye
- Restaurants in Rye
- Shopping in Rye
- Warnings and Dangers in Rye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rye
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rye
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Barbados Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Brugge Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos