"Whitby" Whitby by Rachael71
Whitby Travel Guide: 388 reviews and 834 photos
Whitby is a small fishing town on the North Yorkshire Coast, not far from the larger town of Scarborough. It's famous as the birthplace of the explorer Captain Cook, and as the place where Count Dracula first set foot on English soil. Overlooking the town are the ruins of St Hilda's Abbey, which are worth exploring if you visit. There are lots of winding streets to explore and interesting shops to visit, as well as the usual seaside attractions such amusement arcades and fish and chips.
Captain James Cook came from Whitby, and his four ships were built in the village. The house where Cooke was apprenticed... more travel advice
There are 199 steps up to the Abbey, but it's not a difficult walk and there are benches on the way. Even if you don't... more travel advice
Rachael71's Related Pages
Whitby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "East Coast Seaside Town"
- "Whistlestop tour of Whitby"
- "Whitby - Candyfloss and Gambling Halls"
- "I live near here"
- "Wandering Through Whitby"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitby
- Hotels in Whitby
- Transportation in Whitby
- Nightlife in Whitby
- Restaurants in Whitby
- Shopping in Whitby
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitby
- 8 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Whitby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitby
Photos in WhitbySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 26 reviews, 22 photos
- Venice Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Barbados Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenada Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Brugge Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Bath Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos