"San Francisco" San Francisco by Sayjo
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,331 reviews and 20,080 photos
When I go to San Francisco I like to drive. It is only a 13 hour drive for me with plenty to see on the way. One of my favorite parts about visiting this rich city is the initial view of the center. With a cluster and giant buildings constructed with fun architecture strewn about a very hilly landscape, I see one of the few cities that continues to give me that feeling of wanderlust.
I have yet to visit San Francisco without stopping by Ghirardelli Square and getting a giant square of chocolate from one of their shops. However, my most recent trip has ended that tradition. They no longer sell miscellaneous wrapped blocks of chocolate, just their delicious finely wrapped squares, aside from the novelty (meaning overpriced) options in the new (new to me) chocolate gift shop. I was accustomed to buying a 1.5lb block of chocolate for around $5 that would get devoured throughout whatever trip I was on, it was chocolate heaven. I guess this means I'm due for a new indulgence in this city, I'm sure there are plenty of options I've yet to discover.
**On Ghirardelli Square, if you haven't been I highly recommend it. They know their chocolate and the architecture made the trip worth it. If you don't plan on buying any chocolate, they'll still tempt you with samples so you wont leave with sad taste buds.**
This is a fun little aquarium by the pier. The cost wasn't too bad, and there are a few nearby places (the trolly information booth or a nearby promotion booth) to find coupons that save a few dollars if you are keen. This 2 storied aquarium may be found on pier 39 so there will be a lot to do in this area that is well within walking distance. The tour starts with a looped tunnel in a giant aquarium filled with all sorts of giant fish including sharks, cephalopods, and other miscellaneous sea life forms. After this slow walk under a few dozen sharks you take an elevator to another floor with some more observations and some interactive animal fun! Who doesn't want to pet a sting ray ^_^
- Pros:Food, architecture, art, exercise, active cultures.
- Cons:A tad pricey but other than that, I have no cons to give.
- In a nutshell:Cultural nostalgia
This is a fun little aquarium by the pier. The cost wasn't too bad, and there are a few nearby places (the trolly... more travel advice
Sayjo's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (7)
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 2 photos
- Province of British Columbia 1 photo, 1 travelogue
- Phoenix Intro, 1 photo