"Nuevo Laredo" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuevo Laredo by damaris05
Nuevo Laredo Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 45 photos
Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas is the home of my parents. I lived here for the first three years of my life and then moved to Laredo, TX so my older brother could start school there. Nuevo Laredo keeps getting more and more violent each year unfortunately, but there are still some good-spirited people that will be friendly to outsiders. I'm not very quick at adding tips but if you have any questions you can always ask me. I visit Nuevo Laredo often with my family and I know many things about the place.
I will soon begin a travelogue to tell you all about my Christmas Mission Trip Experience down there. Come back soon!
OH MY GOSH!!!
IT SNOWED ON CHRISTMAS EVE WHILE I WAS THERE!!!
IT NEVER SNOWS THERE!!!
(and what are the odds that it'll snow ON Christmas eve??!)
The purpose this trip in Dec. 2004 was to share Christ and a Christmas Meal with the people of East Nuevo Laredo where poverty is striking! Behind us, you see where the poor mission church stands. Here we held a Christmas service, sang songs, and fed over 200 people Menudo and corn tortillas. There were also Goodie Bags and a Piñata for the kids. More pictures to come on the travelogues.
[I'm the funny-looking one in the black shirt..heehee]
We also went shopping, which was lots of fun cause I got to bust out my Bargaining Skills and teach the other kids how to use them... oh yeah! I'm a baller! Anyway, I was really excited about bargaining cause I hadn't done it since the trip to Dominican Republic so I got to freshen up my skills! Ooh!! I got a Hammock, a pair of earrings for a friend (its her christmas present-shh!), a Parrot that will be hanging on my ceiling shortly... I don't know what to call him... got any ideas??, and I got some gum from this really poor guy i felt sorry for, and a name bracelet that says DAMARIS on it... thats a really funny story behind it.. i'll share it in my travelogues
Shopping was fun!
- Pros:Many Shops, Don't need passport to visit from America
- Cons:Violent, Major Traffic Jams to cross bridges, VERY HOT
- In a nutshell:I have my own biased opinion because I am "from" there -- Go visit it and draw up your own conclusion.
Now the Hammock prices range due to quality and seller. Some one might be trying to sell you a hammock for about $15... more travel advice
Okay, so you're having a great time shopping... you just got out of a really crowded area... what was that? Your wallets... more travel advice
damaris05's Related Pages
Nuevo Laredo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nuevo Laredo"
- "Exciting Nightlife and fun shopping"
- "My Trip to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico"
- "Intro Under Construction"
- "If you're bored and up for a road trip."
- "Not bad, for a border town"
- "Nuevo Laredo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuevo Laredo
- Hotels in Nuevo Laredo
- Transportation in Nuevo Laredo
- Nightlife in Nuevo Laredo
- Restaurants in Nuevo Laredo
- Shopping in Nuevo Laredo
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuevo Laredo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuevo Laredo
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nuevo Laredo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuevo Laredo
Photos in Nuevo LaredoSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santo Domingo Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nuevo Laredo Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belton Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dallas Intro, 1 photo
- Nashville Intro, 1 photo
- Saint Louis Intro, 1 photo
- Monterrey Intro, 1 photo
- Oklahoma City Intro, 1 review
- Laredo Intro, 1 photo