"Nuevo Laredo" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuevo Laredo by damaris05

Nuevo Laredo Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 45 photos

Mexican Border City

Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas is the home of my parents. I lived here for the first three years of my life and then moved to Laredo, TX so my older brother could start school there. Nuevo Laredo keeps getting more and more violent each year unfortunately, but there are still some good-spirited people that will be friendly to outsiders. I'm not very quick at adding tips but if you have any questions you can always ask me. I visit Nuevo Laredo often with my family and I know many things about the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will soon begin a travelogue to tell you all about my Christmas Mission Trip Experience down there. Come back soon!

OH MY GOSH!!!
IT SNOWED ON CHRISTMAS EVE WHILE I WAS THERE!!!
IT NEVER SNOWS THERE!!!
(and what are the odds that it'll snow ON Christmas eve??!)
TOTALLY CRAZY!

The Service

The purpose this trip in Dec. 2004 was to share Christ and a Christmas Meal with the people of East Nuevo Laredo where poverty is striking! Behind us, you see where the poor mission church stands. Here we held a Christmas service, sang songs, and fed over 200 people Menudo and corn tortillas. There were also Goodie Bags and a Piñata for the kids. More pictures to come on the travelogues.
[I'm the funny-looking one in the black shirt..heehee]

The Shopping

We also went shopping, which was lots of fun cause I got to bust out my Bargaining Skills and teach the other kids how to use them... oh yeah! I'm a baller! Anyway, I was really excited about bargaining cause I hadn't done it since the trip to Dominican Republic so I got to freshen up my skills! Ooh!! I got a Hammock, a pair of earrings for a friend (its her christmas present-shh!), a Parrot that will be hanging on my ceiling shortly... I don't know what to call him... got any ideas??, and I got some gum from this really poor guy i felt sorry for, and a name bracelet that says DAMARIS on it... thats a really funny story behind it.. i'll share it in my travelogues

Shopping was fun!

• Pros:Many Shops, Don't need passport to visit from America
  • Cons:Violent, Major Traffic Jams to cross bridges, VERY HOT
  • In a nutshell:I have my own biased opinion because I am "from" there -- Go visit it and draw up your own conclusion.
  • Last visit to Nuevo Laredo: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2004

• Apr 2, 2010 at 6:42 AM

El Pollo Loco is on Guerrero 2454, Benito Juarez (88209) Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas - Teléfono: 867.712-7001, 867.715-2764, 867.719-2205. Across the Street from the Plaza. The Coordinates are 27.493953843282142, -99.50742244720459

• kaluvzmc's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2006 at 1:54 PM

I like your page on Neuvo Laredo, I have my own page on it. I was there 2 years ago and it was quite the unique experience.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 5:38 PM

Hola Damaris, I hope to visit Nuevo Laredo in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tips. Stephen

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 12:40 PM

Thank you for your wishes! I myself sned you my best wishes for 2005, with a lot of travels. I have never been to Mexico but next time I go to North America, I won't forget to have a look at New Laredo (and Laredo)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 4:21 PM

hmm, chicken...

damaris05

“"Here am I. Send Me!" Isaiah 6:8”

Badges & Stats in Nuevo Laredo

Have you been to Nuevo Laredo?

Latest Activity in Nuevo Laredo