"My Sights" damaris05's Profile

The Beauty

It's so amazing how everything was created by one hand so beautifully with so much detail, so much color, and so much alive! In the United States, we live our lives going from activity to activity living ahead of the game and never taking time to stop and smell the roses. There is so much beauty all around us and we don't have to go to a foreign country to see it. I was blessed to be able to go to the Dominican Republic and have my eyes opened to the beauty surrounding me. The palm trees... the ocean... the waves... the sunsets...

Whoohooo!! Germany is right around the corner! My plane will land in Brussels, Belgium! That means I might get to practice some of my french!! I am sooooo uber excited!!

Make sure you catch my new Mississippi page... not much on it, but some fun stuff!

Hope You Take a Look at my Santo Domingo Travelogues to Read about my Experiences!!!

It's Always Fun and Exciting to Read Y'all's Comments and Emails, So Don't Forget to Drop a Note! :-)

My Goal and Dream...

After visiting the Dominican Republic, I long to go back. I dream of becoming a missionary school teacher in the Dominican or whereever the Lord calls me. I fell in love with Santo Domingo... the climate, the trees, the people, the life, the smells, the food, the noises, the roosters that crow at 3 a.m., and mopeds, the flowers, the fruit, oh.. EVERYTHING!! And I just want to go back!! Maybe one day I will.

Peace like a River

In Belton we have two lakes: Belton and Stillhouse. This is a gorgeous shot my brother took today of a stream that runs from the Stillhouse Dam. Beautiful! We've gotten lots of rain this summer so everything is green and lovely!

Stillhouse

I think I like water. I love pictures where there's water. There's something about water that makes things look more peaceful...

Anyway... this is Stillhouse as well.

Nuevo Laredo

Had a very pleasant trip to Nuevo Laredo in December 2004. Will be going back again in March; Hopefully, I'll be doing more mission work down there again. It was lots of fun when I went down there. We held a Christmas Service, sang for the people and fed them. We did that at the Mission house in one of the poorest neighborhoods down there. We shopped and had another Christmas service at the church that begun the mission. We also threw one of our girls a surprise birthday party - Rachel was so excited! We had a blast!

• Intro Updated Jun 11, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
damaris05's Profile Photo

damaris05

“"Here am I. Send Me!" Isaiah 6:8”

Real Name