"Sooz Travel" TravelSooz's Profile

Hi! Thanks for visiting. I'm hoping to use this website to keep track of upcoming travels and useful information about different places.

Any travel suggestions are very welcome.

Walk good.
***************************

Once I sat on the steps by a gate at David's Tower. I placed my two heavy baskets at my side. A group of tourists was standing around their guide and I became their target marker. "You see that man with the baskets? Just right of his head there's an arch from the Roman period. Just right of his head." "But he's moving, he's moving!"

I said to myself: redemption will come only if their guide tells them, "You see that arch from the Roman period? It's not important: but next to it, left and down a bit, there sits a man who's bought fruit and vegetables for his family".

--excerpt from 'Tourists' by Yehuda Amichai

*********************************

Just thought I'd add a few more images of my adopted home town-Kingston, Jamaica.

Although the Downtown has seen grander days, the dynamism, generosity, and drama of its spaces and people remain.

The Jamaica Defense Force (JDF) has one of the best views over Kingston.

Situated at Newcastle, in the Blue Mountains, the conspicuous JDF bungalows overlook a hazy harbour and the island's infamous coffee lands that sweep down the slopes.

Architecture varies a lot in Jamaica, but thought this was a nice pic of some tropical decor in St. Ann's Bay

And a wee bit more of (contrasting!) architecture in London.

• Intro Updated Feb 21, 2005

• carmilla5's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2006 at 5:30 PM

Hi Sooz, fascinated to know why you're in Jamaica? I love the idea of living in such an incredible place, the people, the history, the food, the whole lot is brilliant. My ggg grandfather lived and died in Grenada. Great to connect! Lisa :^)

• MarioAlmeida's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2005 at 12:27 PM

awesome simple...but very true claim. tks for droping by...I will take a good look on your pages later ; )

• Jul 29, 2004 at 11:44 AM

Where in the world do you live? Iceland is a very interesting place to visit - if you ever decide to come please let me know...:-) Good luck with your page!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
TravelSooz's Profile Photo

TravelSooz

“conversation, coffee, and travel make life good”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.