"Home is Where the Clean Underwear Is." Amy1978's Profile

Nomadic Beginnings

I am Canadian by birth, and by passport, but I am not too sure for how long I will remain Canadian.
I have lived all over Western Canada, since my father was in a job the required a chance of location every few years.
The idea of settling down in one spot for twenty years scared me half to death. I really did like moving and seeing everything there was to see in an area, then quite happily moving on to the next adventures. Some worked out better than others, but they were all worthwhile.
I met my husband,and his job requires him to move every few years as well. It's perfect for me, and although I am now living in the United States, about 4000 km from "home", I couldn't be happier.
So where next? I'm not sure. We'll move again, and again, and again. Apparently, it will be a "surprise" every time. The best thing about these transfers is that whether you like it or hate it, it's only a few years, and then you're onto someplace new. All I really hope is that we will end up living in places that I never would have gotten a chance to even visit, had I lived a stable, stay at home life.

• Intro Written May 24, 2004

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Amy1978

“"Exactly how far can we go on a tank of gas and twelve bucks?"”

Ranked Member