"Home is where the heart is" Top 5 Page for this destination Nis by anna-m
Nis Travel Guide: 181 reviews and 459 photos
For those of you who have never been to Nis, it might be useful to know that it is the second largest city in my country. It is also one of the oldest cities in this region, and, yes, it happens to be a large university centre, and an important industrial and commercial spot in Serbia. If you are totally smitten with these information, please visit my external homepage to take a look at it or visit one of these for more info :)
www.nis.org.yu -official presentation of the city
www.nis.co.yu -current happenings in and around the city
www.ni.ac.yu -Nis as a university city
www.trip.co.yu -cultural portal of Nis
www.southserbia.com -an excellent interactive map of the city with useful links
The majority of photos on this page are a courtesy of my friend Petra and her digicam. Thanks, Petra! :)
- Pros:Hospitable people, lots of historical sites, fantastic and cheep food
- Cons:Bad roads and litter
- In a nutshell:There is more to it than meets the eye
"Tramvaj" (meaning "tram", or "street car"), is one of the oldest cafeterias in Nis. When it was first built, with its... more travel advice
One of the best things about Nis is its size: small enough to be safe, big enough to be interesting. While nightlife in... more travel advice
anna-m's Related Pages
Nis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "N I Š"
- "Nis - Serbian metropolis on the Balkan trade roads"
- "Home is where the heart is"
- "A Foray into Serbia"
- "GRAD NIS"
- "A peaceful town"
- "Naissus - The Town of Nymphs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nis
- Hotels in Nis
- Transportation in Nis
- Nightlife in Nis
- Restaurants in Nis
- Shopping in Nis
- Warnings and Dangers in Nis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nis
- 24 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Nis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nis Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nesebar Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nicosia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paphos Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Maribor Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Borsko Jezero Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zlatibor Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Cyprus Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Zvonce Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Sofia Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos