"3 years as a beekeeper in Kasserine" Kasserine by mi5chelle
Kasserine Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 11 photos
I was in Tunisia 1993-1996 as a volunteer for the US Peace Corps Program and served as a beekeeper for Khemouda - VT doesnt even have this village name so I used Kasserine, the closest big town.
Basically, I lived in a small village with rudimentary facilities and helped in agriculture extension to beekeepers. We made a lot of honey and some money, too, for those poor farmers.
Khemouda is close to the tallest mountain in Tunisia, Mount
Chambi, but I never got a chance to climb it.
No photos since I didn't have a digital camera back then.
I really enjoyed my time in Tunisia and got to visit the Sahara desert, the mountains in the north and Carthage and many Roman ruins. It was great.
You should definitely visit. The rich cultural heritage, the delicious couscous, the enjoyable hammam baths and the relaxing beaches -- many adventures await.
- Pros:wonderful people, history, culture
- Cons:autocratic leader, agressive shopkeepers
- In a nutshell:Delightful place for a holiday and shopping
mi5chelle's Related Pages
Kasserine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "3 years as a beekeeper in Kasserine"
- "Kasserine's Historical Charm"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kasserine
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kasserine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kasserine
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos
- Bamiyan Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.