"Not my kind of town - I prefer the mountains" Kabul by mi5chelle
Kabul Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 289 photos
Ariana is the national airline but most international organizations do not allow their staff to use it - due to safety reasons.
There was a US military helicopter crash in early April, due to bad weather. Plus, Kam Air, on a flight from Kabul to the western city of Herat crashed and killed three US women. There was a snow storm and then they ran out fuel - apparently they crashed into a mountain, 30 km outside of Kabul. Very sad.
- Pros:You can get imported goods, eat in a nice restaurant
- Cons:high security measures, cannot walk around town
- In a nutshell:too many military all over the place for now
I ate here 12 April 2005, and was mildly disappointed. Pizza does not use authentic mozzeralla cheese, wait staff seem... more travel advice
mi5chelle's Related Pages
Kabul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The once magnificent city of Kabul"
- "Kabul - a city yet to be loved"
- "Afghanistan - The land that was"
- "Krazy for Kabul"
- "Kabul City, Afghanistan"
- "The Exotic and Ancient Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kabul
- Hotels in Kabul
- Transportation in Kabul
- Nightlife in Kabul
- Restaurants in Kabul
- Shopping in Kabul
- Warnings and Dangers in Kabul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kabul
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kabul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kabul
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos
- Bamiyan Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
No friends yet.