"Malta - My Home from Home" Malta by mazzap
Malta Travel Guide: 5,616 reviews and 13,431 photos
Maltese people love to party - especially at festa time. Fireworks are big and loud! Usually home-made, so stand well back! I took this photograph in August 2007 whilst enjoying the festa in St Julian's.
The Hilton Tower is a very imposing building in the heart of St Julian's. As well as offices it houses the Malta Hilton Hotel. It dominates the skyline and can be seen for miles around. The area directly below the tower is called Portomaso and has a beautiful marina surrounded by exclusive appartments and restaurants.
There was a lot of controversy when building of the tower was first proposed, but you do actually get used to seeing it there now. Not sure if that's good or bad!
Personally, I don't like it. It is actually two marble(?) blocks of the word 'LOVE' written upside down. One either side of the pavement. Apparently, it is supposed to reflect on the water at night and read the correct way up - but it didn't!
A needless eyesore in a completely inappropriate setting! My young son thought it was a great place to sit a while - he said the letter 'O' made a nice curvy seat as you can see him demonstrating in my pic!
- Pros:Steeped in history and culture - lovely climate
- Cons:Still need to address their environmental issues
- In a nutshell:A unique and beautiful island - but I'm naturally biased!
The view here is probably one of the best you'll get when dining in Malta. The food was imaginative and of a very high... more travel advice
The little info leaflet I picked up in this restaurant points out that it is not actually a Mexican restaurant, but a... more travel advice
mazzap's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Maltese Memories"
- "Malta - my home"
- "REPUBLIC OF MALTA"
- "Maltese- Deep Down"
- "VT Meetings are for Little Islands Too!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malta
- Hotels in Malta
- Transportation in Malta
- Nightlife in Malta
- Restaurants in Malta
- Shopping in Malta
- Warnings and Dangers in Malta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 40 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
- Posted in Travel Abu Dhabi Forum "Re: Purchasing a diamond in Abu..."
- updated a Malta Travel Page "Malta - My Home from Home"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Trendy Decor & Menu, Great Food!"
- Wrote a Review Enjoy The Amazing View While You Eat! in Malta Restaurants
- Commented on one of Maurizioago's Malta travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samos Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos
- Malta Intro, 34 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 26 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bedford Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Top Malta hotels
- Mellieha Hotels
- 102 Reviews - 285 Photos
- Bugibba Hotels
- 179 Reviews - 352 Photos
- Sliema Hotels
- 248 Reviews - 581 Photos
- Saint Julian's Hotels
- 229 Reviews - 333 Photos
- Gozo Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 1331 Photos
- Valletta Hotels
- 724 Reviews - 1846 Photos
- Msida Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Il- Gzira Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Bahar ic-Caghaq Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Rabat Hotels
- 116 Reviews - 412 Photos
- Mosta Hotels
- 71 Reviews - 220 Photos
- Gharb Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Comino Island Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Marsaxlokk Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 379 Photos
- Xewkija Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 41 Photos