"Tortola - Just Passing Through!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tortola by mazzap
Tortola Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 284 photos
Our cruise ship stopped here for just one day. Long enough to savour the beautiful scenery and get a feel of this lovely island. Enough time also to know I would love to return one day to appreciate more of it's charm.
Tortola is the main centre of tourism in the British Virgin Islands, with the capital Road Town located in a lovely sheltered harbour to the south.
This rocky island is 12 miles long by 3 miles wide and dominated by a lofty mountain range, with its highest peak being Mount Sage, 1750 ft high.
Crossing the island is a hair-raising experience of negotiating winding roads through the wildly undulating landscape.
Tortola is so mountainous, that the airstrip had to be built on the neighbouring Beef Island, the northern limits of which are flatter in comparison, largely coralline in make-up, Beef Island is connected to Tortola by toll bridge, the earliest in the Caribbean.
Simply a beautiful beach!! I just wish I could have stayed a while longer! When you see an island per day as you usually... more travel advice
Tortola was one of the more stunning Caribbean islands we stopped at during our two week cruise - particularly for it's... more travel advice
mazzap's Related Pages
Tortola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tortola ~ "Land of Turtle Doves""
- "Entrance to the BVI"
- "Tortola Vacation"
- "Tortola - Just Passing Through!"
- "Beauty Divine-This is Tortola"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tortola
- Hotels in Tortola
- Transportation in Tortola
- Nightlife in Tortola
- Restaurants in Tortola
- Shopping in Tortola
- Warnings and Dangers in Tortola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tortola
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Tortola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tortola
Photos in TortolaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samos Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos
- Malta Intro, 34 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 26 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bedford Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Latest Tortola hotel reviews
- Scrub Island Resort
- 347 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- 487 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Sugar Mill Hotel
- 279 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Rhymers Beach Hotel
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Nanny Cay Resort Marina
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Fort Recovery Estate Villas
- 406 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Pusser's Marina Cay Hotel and Restaurant Tortola
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- The Tamarind Club Hotel
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Cane Garden Bay Villas Tortola
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 20, 2009
- Lambert Beach Resort
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Brewers Bay Campground
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 15, 2012
- Sugar Apple and Sugar Plum Houses Tortola
- 1 Review & Opinion