"Cromer in Norfolk" Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) by mazzap
Norfolk (County) Travel Guide: 410 reviews and 889 photos
Cromer is a small town situated on the North Norfolk Coast. The town of Cromer originally stood further inland and was known as Shipden but when that was gradually destroyed by the sea during the middle ages, the name of Cromer was then established.
Battered by winds that come straight from the North Pole it has relied heavily on the sea for it's trade and is famous for it's Amber, Jet and crabs.
Cromer is also well known for the brave deeds of its lifeboatmen, who during the Second World War saved 450 lives. For 150 years the sailors who live here have risked their own lives venturing out to rescue the victims of North Sea storms.
Clifftop walks and fine beaches are what make Cromer worth a visit! Plenty of places to stay – from campsites to Grand hotels.
The picture above shows a typical green area that is alongside a clifftop walk. Gorse shrubs are shown in bloom to the left of the background and a lighthouse to the right.
Cromer beach is mainly sand on shingle - a very pleasant place to spend some time, but best enjoyed when the sun is shining and the typically cold east coast wind is not so apparent!
A grand pier on a beautiful sandy beach.
- Pros:Traditional English countryside by the sea
- Cons:The smell of greasy fried food all around the town!
- In a nutshell:Lovely - when the sun shines!
I only had a drink here & didn't get the chance to try the food this time. The menu looked inviting with dishes that... more travel advice
Their informative website says it all really! But from my personal experience I can highly reccommend eating here.... more travel advice
mazzap's Related Pages
Norfolk (County) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Norfolk Broads"
- "Cromer in Norfolk"
- "See it soon"
- "Norfolk--Home of My Ancestors"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norfolk (County)
- Hotels in Norfolk (County)
- Transportation in Norfolk (County)
- Nightlife in Norfolk (County)
- Restaurants in Norfolk (County)
- Shopping in Norfolk (County)
- Warnings and Dangers in Norfolk (County)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norfolk (County)
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Norfolk (County)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norfolk (County)
- Posted in Travel Abu Dhabi Forum "Re: Purchasing a diamond in Abu..."
- Wrote a Review Great Suntrap Beer Garden! in Norfolk (County) Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Cromer Road Runner!"
- updated a Norfolk (County) Travel Page "Cromer in Norfolk"
- Commented on one of kevin36's Norfolk (County) travel pages
Photos in Norfolk (County)See All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samos Intro, 27 reviews, 79 photos
- Malta Intro, 34 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 26 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 19 reviews, 30 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alghero Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norfolk (County) Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bedford Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Top Norfolk (County) hotels
- Great Yarmouth Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Norwich Hotels
- 121 Reviews - 160 Photos
- King's Lynn Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Thetford Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Hunstanton Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Cromer Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 30 Photos
- Sheringham Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Welney Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Upwell Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 103 Photos
- Outwell Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- North Walsham Hotels
- 6 Hotels
- Gorleston Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Fakenham Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Diss Hotels
- 9 Hotels