"My Travel Plans Are My Motivation!" mazzap's Profile

I feel privileged that I was 'At The Top!'

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"
One month after opening, the Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai closed it's viewing platform to visitors 'until further notice'...I'm so pleased I got to go up to the top (well almost as it's really only to floor 124 out of a staggering 160!) It was on my list as a major 'must-do' activity during my recent 10 day visit to this amazing city. I managed to squeeze in my trip up the tower a week before it's indefinite closure 'for technical reasons'. I'm also glad I wasn't one of the poor folk who got stuck in the lift for an hour which resulted in the closure!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"**"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*

Malta, So Dear To Me!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
Malta! So small, yet so much beauty in every way. I feel proud that I can tell those who are curious enough to ask me, that I come from this amazing, unique Mediterranean island called Malta.

Also, I can answer their questions with "No, it's not part of Italy" and "Yes they do have their own language"! But....nobody that I have newly met (so far) has ever asked me "Are you Maltese?" I am still waiting for the day it may happen, I will be truly shocked as I've waited a long, long time ;-) I have been asked umpteen times if I'm Italian, or Israeli, Greek, Spanish and even Turkish, amongst several others, but NEVER has anyone asked me if I'm Maltese!!

This picture is of my all-time, favourite view from all my travels, I could look at it all day! And...coincidentally, it just happens to be in Malta ;-)
"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*""*"*"*"*"*"*"*"

Nothing Is Too Much Trouble For These Guys!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
We spent the first 2 weeks of April this year at the 'Riu Caribe' in Cancun, Mexico. It was our first 'all inclusive' holiday and it was a simply wonderful experience! Of course, it really helped that the hotel with it's beautiful gardens was set right on a fabulous beach, that the staff were so helpful and energetic, the cocktails were excellent and always ready in a flash when requested, the food was imaginative and delicious, the Mexicans were so welcoming and friendly, the weather was gorgeous, etc. etc.!!! If you're thinking of going to this hotel, then go go go; I defy you to be disappointed!!
*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*

Forever My Baby!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
I found this old pic of my son a while back - he started life as a blue eyed blonde! He's now 19 & his hair is darker (he didn't inherit my curls at all) & contrary to what most people told me, his lovely blue eyes did not change colour!

Obviously I love him to bits - as much now as I always did. Maybe I'm just a bit biased ;-)........but I think he was (& still is) gorgeous!!!

Facing Facts!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
For years my son has been telling me he's as tall (or should I say as short?!) as me! Up until now it's been wishful thinking!

Well I have to finally face it - he is now walking taller than me (even with my modest heels on!!!) This pic my hubby took a couple of years ago in London proves it - just! And no doubt he'll tower over me before long too!

UPDATE...2 years on.........he's now more than 8 inches taller than me - maybe I'm shrinking :-( !!!

Does that mean he is officially no longer my baby? Or is that when he leaves school / leaves home / gets married / collects his pension etc. etc.??? Does a mother's son EVER really stop being her baby?
"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"

London Bus Lane Traffic Jam!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"
The day after the London VT meeting on August 4th 2006, I spent the day in our Capital looking at sights that I generally tend to take for granted simply becasue I live here (well, just a few miles away ;-) meaning that I can see London anytime. But, this time the sun was shining beautifully & tourists from all over the world were also enjoying the day all around me showing appreciation for this wonderul City, so I happily joined them - it was fabulous!

This scene made me smile - a bus traffic jam! Even the bus lanes which are designed to keep public transport flowing, come to a standstill these days! It brought to mind the saying "London buses - you don't see one for ages then they all come at once!"

It looked quite spectacular though!

Winter Snow, No Thanks!!

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
Captured around 3 years ago, this view of my garden from an upstairs window looks pretty enough, but not so good that I want to witness it again!

Though our winters may be very mild in comparison to most of the world, anything below 15 deg c is just too cold for me, so I'm off to the sunny Canary island of Tenerife for Christmas & New Year (fourth year in a row!!). If it snows at home while I'm away.......well I really won't be sorry I missed it!

Cambridge, A 'Must Do' if You Visit England

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*
I had the privilege of working and living in this beautiful city for 5 years (back in the 80's!). I left a piece of my heart there and a yearning to return. Fortunately I live just 30 miles away so I return frequently.

However often I go back though, it is never enough, I think I need a second home there ;-)

This pic was taken in October 2007. It was a perfectly sunny day. The trees were every shade of copper, gold and red imaginable set against the brightest blue sky and greenest grass :-)

I was with a work friend who had never had the delight of visiting Cambridge! We joined a 2 hour guided walking tour as we thought it would be a good introduction to the city. The tour mainly concentrated on the history of the University and also included a visit into King's College Chapel which was truly breathtaking! *"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*""*

• Intro Updated Nov 6, 2011

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Thank you all for your heart-warming comments today! I've had a lovely birthday made extra special by all the lovely greetings I've received from good friends all over the globe!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Happy birthday from Switzerland!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Hi dear Marion! Bet youre having a special day with that hubby of yours! wherever you are (are you still on holiday down at the lovely beach you've been tantalising us with your fb photos?!) the very best wishes from me and all the best for a wonderful year ahead xx

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Happy birthday Marion! Hope you have a fabulous day :-)

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 6:42 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny Lundy Marion - how's things?

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Happy birthday Marion - have a super day!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Hi Marion! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many more travels!

• bakalapoe's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2012 at 10:26 AM

What a lovely introduction! I like the way you choose photos, comment and write!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
mazzap's Profile Photo

mazzap

“Fulfilling my dreams :-)”

Real Name