"Silkeborg - Nature and Lakes" Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg by MBrix
Silkeborg Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 49 photos
. This picture does no real justice to the beauty and freshness of the area. If you ever find yourself in the area, I strongly suggest you take the Hjejlen (world’s oldest steamer) to the base of the hill and walk up to the tower. The atmosphere and the view is well worth the meager walk to the top. Remember, Denmark is a pancake, one does not need to get up too high to enjoy a view.
One of my favorite activities during the summer is to take a dip in the nearby lake. The water is cool and very clean. During WWII the Germans built some new beaches on the lake, which provides one with several swimming options.
Silkeborg has a very enjoyable promenade that is filled with hundreds of shops. There are many opportunities to get something to eat to satisfy both a sugar tooth and a salt lick. Best enjoyed on a sunny summers day.
- Pros:The aesthetic surroundings, and enjoyable friendly town.
- Cons:Not a big nightlife scene, but good enough to have your fun.
- In a nutshell:Great place to unwind from your travels.
If you want a day to just relax and enjoy a great day, then taking this boat trip to the highest point in Denmark is... more travel advice
MBrix's Related Pages
Silkeborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A town surrounded by lakes"
- "Silkeborg - Nature and Lakes"
- "Center of the Danish Lake District"
- "my teeny weeny Silkeborg page"
- "Himmelbjerget - Sky Mountain"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silkeborg
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Silkeborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silkeborg
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Barbados Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Intro, 3 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 2 photos
- Bequia Island Intro, 2 photos
No friends yet.