"The Amazonian jungle in Europe" Cayenne by carolerica
Cayenne Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 20 photos
Being in Guyana is simply incredible: you are in France, in Europe, and yet, in the Amazonian jungle!!! The idea is crazy but it is true...
Okay, okay, technicaly it is true, but in reality, Guyana is not exactly like the "metropole" (an other way to say main-land France), things are done at a slower pace, shops closes from lunch-time to 4:00pm (too hot), markets sells the local production (that's normal, huh! but the local producation means tropical vegetable and fruits, in strange shapes and color, and smells!!!!), it is the same "hour" all year round (no saving day-light hour!), there is a dry and a wet season, and one or the border is with brazil!!!
I have just returned from a 2 weeks visit to an old school friend of mine how moved there a couple of years ago. And it was Carnal time! a BIG thing in Guyana!
More in a few days!
carolerica's Related Pages
Cayenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cayenne in Brief"
- "The Amazonian jungle in Europe"
- "France in South America!"
- "Cayenne Travel Page"
- "CAYENNE CAPITAL OF FRENCH GUIANA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cayenne
- Nightlife in Cayenne
- Shopping in Cayenne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cayenne
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cayenne
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cayenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cayenne
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Greece Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 7 reviews
- Morocco Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouakchott Intro, 2 reviews