"Never ending..." carolerica's Profile

How to use my travel pages

A very warm welcome on my first ever "home page"!

Before telling you all about me, my "tribe" and my travels, here are a few "tips" on how to use, and read my travel pages.
I've been travelling in Africa, Asia and Europe intensively for work in the last five years. After each trip, I'm recquired to make an "informational report". This is what you'll find on my travel pages. It's all about logistics:
- financial issues (currency, where to exchange, money transfers),
- visa, securtiy and health concerns
- communication (Sim cards for mobile, internet, telephone codes etc),
- transportation(how to use boat, planes, trains, bus, metro, taxi, names and numbers of drivers),
- accomodation (BEWARE usually those are 4 or 5 stars hotels or residence),
- restaurants and bars (those I went too!)
- leisure and diving (what I did and saw)
On some of the travel pages, I was a bit less lazy and put each information in the appropriate tip section!!!
I hope I can be of help, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me!

And now, here comes the egocentric aspect of my "home page", all about me, myself and I!!!
But first, do you want to know where in the world I am now? See below!

Where am I at the present???

In Paris my home town

I have just returned form.... CAYENNE: a piece of French land in South America!

A minimum of 25°c, sun every day, birds singing, fresh tropical fruit juices for breakfast, Carnaval parties in the evenings... And during that time, it was cold, snowy, rainy in Paris...

And I have justed returned to celebrate with my beloved ones my 7th "26th" birthday!

So back in Paris, the city I love so much, and even more when I return from a trip!

On Land

My harbour is Paris, this is where I through my anchor when I don't have to travel.
I was born and raised there, and just love it. Each time I return to Paris, my heart beat accelerates... Each time I take a walk, I discover something new, be it an architectural novelty, the carving of a statue on the front door of an Haussmanian building, an artfull grafitti, a new shop, a new tree in a park, an area I had never seen, the inner court of an "hotel particulier" in the Marais....

I'm in my early thirties (but officially eternaly 26!!!), and most of my life was spent traveling. For holiday, with my mother as early as my 3rd month of existence, for study, as an exchange student, for curiosity's sake, after seing a report on a country on television, for work, as my job took me away from home 11 months a year... But mostly for my own self and egoistic need of discovering new things. I'm just a very, Very, VERY curious person, and my most frequent word is : WHY?

In the Air

Since my early childhood, I have a passion for aircrafts, and flying.
The lifes of Santos-Dumont, Saint-Exupery and other great pionners of the flying adventures have no secrets for me. Ultra-light aircrafts have been a way to get closer to this passion, and believe me, flying above the Saint-Michel bay is a unique experience !!!
I've never felt more at ease than in an airplane, be it a big carrier or in a small Dash... One day I'll be a pilot myself! The feeling of being in the air, flying free like a bird, and seing the land from an other perspective is just... undescrible !

Under the Sea

Have you seen Disney's Little Mermaid... Remember the song Under the Sea sang by Sebastian? Well, it summarise my own personal feeling about the underwater life!
I'm very new to scubba diving, and have one regret: why didn't I dived earlier???
Being in the air and underwater is almost the same feeling, a feeling of liberty, of communion with mother nature, just like when you're in the heart of a luxuriant forest, wildlfe surrounding you, all is peaceful, just perfect...
Experiencing underwater life has something special... even when you dive with a buddy, you're ultimately alone with your own feelings. You'll share them on the surface, if you wish, but at the second you experience it, it is moment of intense joy that belongs only to you!!!

• Intro Updated Feb 7, 2007

• June.b's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Even if you're no longer getting online VT --- Happy Birthday sister - hoping you'll read this message one these days. Take care and regards to Micheline and Olivier.

• June.b's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2010 at 6:14 AM

haPPy birtHday sis! enjooooooooooy!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2009 at 5:27 AM

Joyeux anniversaire Carol and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Hi Carol, have a wonderful weekend and birthday. :-)

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Hi, there! There's a VT meet in Paris on the second week of February. If you are interested, please sign up at the VT meeting initiated by footstool or go the forum. The date is Feb 17 (tentative). Hope to see you!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Happy Birthday, Carol! Have a wonderful day!

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2008 at 6:39 PM

Joyeux anniversaire!! Je te souhaite une belle journee, et beaucoup de voyages! :) Salut du Mexique!!!

• sumith's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2007 at 6:35 AM

wonderful Photos ...Nice informative Home page..very interesting...

• Mar 13, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Thank you for the wonderful advice about viewing the fireworks on Bastille Day! I'm thrilled! Perhaps if you have time you could tell me more about the firemen's balls? We are staying at the Hotel St. Louis (on the Ile de St. Louis).

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
carolerica's Profile Photo

carolerica

“under the sea, on land, in the air”

Real Name