"Never ending..." carolerica's Profile
Before telling you all about me, my "tribe" and my travels, here are a few "tips" on how to use, and read my travel pages.
I've been travelling in Africa, Asia and Europe intensively for work in the last five years. After each trip, I'm recquired to make an "informational report". This is what you'll find on my travel pages. It's all about logistics:
- financial issues (currency, where to exchange, money transfers),
- visa, securtiy and health concerns
- communication (Sim cards for mobile, internet, telephone codes etc),
- transportation(how to use boat, planes, trains, bus, metro, taxi, names and numbers of drivers),
- accomodation (BEWARE usually those are 4 or 5 stars hotels or residence),
- restaurants and bars (those I went too!)
- leisure and diving (what I did and saw)
On some of the travel pages, I was a bit less lazy and put each information in the appropriate tip section!!!
I hope I can be of help, and if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me!
And now, here comes the egocentric aspect of my "home page", all about me, myself and I!!!
But first, do you want to know where in the world I am now? See below!
I have just returned form.... CAYENNE: a piece of French land in South America!
A minimum of 25°c, sun every day, birds singing, fresh tropical fruit juices for breakfast, Carnaval parties in the evenings... And during that time, it was cold, snowy, rainy in Paris...
And I have justed returned to celebrate with my beloved ones my 7th "26th" birthday!
So back in Paris, the city I love so much, and even more when I return from a trip!
My harbour is Paris, this is where I through my anchor when I don't have to travel.
I was born and raised there, and just love it. Each time I return to Paris, my heart beat accelerates... Each time I take a walk, I discover something new, be it an architectural novelty, the carving of a statue on the front door of an Haussmanian building, an artfull grafitti, a new shop, a new tree in a park, an area I had never seen, the inner court of an "hotel particulier" in the Marais....
I'm in my early thirties (but officially eternaly 26!!!), and most of my life was spent traveling. For holiday, with my mother as early as my 3rd month of existence, for study, as an exchange student, for curiosity's sake, after seing a report on a country on television, for work, as my job took me away from home 11 months a year... But mostly for my own self and egoistic need of discovering new things. I'm just a very, Very, VERY curious person, and my most frequent word is : WHY?
Since my early childhood, I have a passion for aircrafts, and flying.
The lifes of Santos-Dumont, Saint-Exupery and other great pionners of the flying adventures have no secrets for me. Ultra-light aircrafts have been a way to get closer to this passion, and believe me, flying above the Saint-Michel bay is a unique experience !!!
I've never felt more at ease than in an airplane, be it a big carrier or in a small Dash... One day I'll be a pilot myself! The feeling of being in the air, flying free like a bird, and seing the land from an other perspective is just... undescrible !
Have you seen Disney's Little Mermaid... Remember the song Under the Sea sang by Sebastian? Well, it summarise my own personal feeling about the underwater life!
I'm very new to scubba diving, and have one regret: why didn't I dived earlier???
Being in the air and underwater is almost the same feeling, a feeling of liberty, of communion with mother nature, just like when you're in the heart of a luxuriant forest, wildlfe surrounding you, all is peaceful, just perfect...
Experiencing underwater life has something special... even when you dive with a buddy, you're ultimately alone with your own feelings. You'll share them on the surface, if you wish, but at the second you experience it, it is moment of intense joy that belongs only to you!!!
Personal Pages (2)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 75 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- carolerica and dsantosh are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: Velib bicicyles in Paris"
updated their Personal Page "Presenting my "tribe""
- Uploaded a Photo to "Presenting my "tribe""
- Commented on nygaston's profile page
- Wrote a Review great souvenir shops with lots of local art in Sinnamary Shopping
- created a Sinnamary Travel Page "On the way to Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni from Cayenne"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provins Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Moresby Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Greece Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Nicosia Intro, 7 reviews
- Morocco Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nouakchott Intro, 2 reviews
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (3)
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos