"Wilderness" Kasane by tgirl007
Kasane Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 44 photos
Wow, i love this little village.....and in all truth this is where i want to finally settle in the future, when you go there you will come to know why...Kasane...on the banks of the chobe river, here you will see elephants walking on the road in front of you, giraffes quietly grazing trees, and if you are lucky a leopard late in the night...this would indeed be a rare and blessed occurence as Leopards are very shy and illusive...i have only seen two in the wild, my entire life living in Botswana and beleive me i have searched....so visit this friendly village, here you will find a special experience with friendly people...and if you care to, a visit into zambia is just across chobe river at Kazangula gate.....
you will read me repeating over and over again...Botswana really does have the most beautiful sunsets in Africa...as no other place.Whether you are Watching the sun set over the chobe, surrounded by the ancestral spirits, in the Kalahari on a flat salt pan, or in the okavango delta, surrounded by complete wilderness...the sunset will be etched into your memory like a beautiful painting...take photographs...take lots of photographs!!!Kasane`s landscape is made up of banana trees, avocados and wild animals....sometimes the elephants like to stroll into town and eat them...and the monkeys always are around!
- Pros:wild paradise
- In a nutshell:i love this village
Goes without saying ....a game drive of course...take lots of photos...most game drives can be arranged through the... more travel advice
This is a great place to stay, the campsite is inexpensive with clean bathrooms.there are also small bungalows to rent... more travel advice
tgirl007's Related Pages
Kasane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kasane- where 4 countries meet!"
- "The woodland border"
- "THE MEETING OF 4 COUNTRIES"
- "Chobe National Park"
- "Kasane, the north-eastern corner of Botswana"
- "on the chobe river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kasane
- Hotels in Kasane
- Transportation in Kasane
- Warnings and Dangers in Kasane
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kasane
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kasane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kasane
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Kasane Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maun Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Ghanzi District Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nata Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Shakawe Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 4 photos