"Wilderness" Kasane by tgirl007

Kasane Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 44 photos

Existence precedes and rules essence

Wow, i love this little village.....and in all truth this is where i want to finally settle in the future, when you go there you will come to know why...Kasane...on the banks of the chobe river, here you will see elephants walking on the road in front of you, giraffes quietly grazing trees, and if you are lucky a leopard late in the night...this would indeed be a rare and blessed occurence as Leopards are very shy and illusive...i have only seen two in the wild, my entire life living in Botswana and beleive me i have searched....so visit this friendly village, here you will find a special experience with friendly people...and if you care to, a visit into zambia is just across chobe river at Kazangula gate.....

as no other....life is beautiful!

you will read me repeating over and over again...Botswana really does have the most beautiful sunsets in Africa...as no other place.Whether you are Watching the sun set over the chobe, surrounded by the ancestral spirits, in the Kalahari on a flat salt pan, or in the okavango delta, surrounded by complete wilderness...the sunset will be etched into your memory like a beautiful painting...take photographs...take lots of photographs!!!Kasane`s landscape is made up of banana trees, avocados and wild animals....sometimes the elephants like to stroll into town and eat them...and the monkeys always are around!

• Pros:wild paradise
  • In a nutshell:i love this village
  • Last visit to Kasane: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 29, 2004

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 4:43 PM

Oh yes, I remember the Kazangula border post - but I was on the other side!! Always wished that I had made it into Botswana, but things were different then. Excellent advice re the hippos and crocs!

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 9:33 AM

your tips look very useful...we'll take care,avoiding hippo... and mosquitos (at least we'll try!)!

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Yes, I kown why you love this part of the world! My wife and I loved in here and we had a great time in Chobe National Park. G'day from Australia.

tgirl007