"at the crossroads always prepare" Nata by tgirl007
Nata Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
This little town/village is ideally located at crossroads, if you go left you end up in Maun(the gateway to the delta)and if you go right you end up in Kasane(the gateway to chobe)20km before entering nata you will see nata lodge on your left side...this is the best place to stay if you have some cash to spare.If you arrive in nata later than 10 o`clock at night, nata lodge is the only place to stay....so keep this in mind.I love Nata...it`s still very rural and the people are great.It is also very near to the Magkgadikgadi salt pans, which are really spectacular, especially after the rains, as you can see thousands of flamingos and bird species flock here.Also on the salt pans are some of my favorite baobab trees(i love baobabs)so there is much to do in this area, here is where the lanscape starts to change considerably...from the acacia thorn trees and arid landscape in the s-east, here you will see much more mopane trees and a few palm...it`s a whole lot greener.......
- Pros:salt pan delight
- Cons:hot as hell from Dec-feb
- In a nutshell:great area to do lotsa stuff
This is certainly a must see, so do it...arrange with Nata lodge, or if you have your own 4x4(must have a 4x4)take a... more travel advice
tgirl007's Related Pages
Nata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "at the crossroads always prepare"
- "NATA LOTA SEE"
- "Nata - a big dust bowl!"
- "A Sanctuaria"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nata
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nata
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gaborone Intro, 10 reviews, 4 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Kasane Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maun Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Porto Alegre Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Ghanzi District Intro, 1 review, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nata Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Shakawe Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- London Intro, 1 review, 4 photos