"Industrial history in the heartland" South Bend by KalamazooJohn
South Bend Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 246 photos
Today I drove to South Bend to visit the new Studebaker Museum (April 20, 2006). It is only an hour or so from home, but I have been here few times. So, all you will find here is my visit to the museum. The Conestoga Wagon was not built by Studebaker, but similar to their products. The Conestoga gets it's name from the Conestoga Creek in Lancaster Pennsylvania, where the earliest version of the wagons that tamed the plains were made.
- Pros:Don't know much about South Bend
- Cons:Just another city with a big college
KalamazooJohn's Related Pages
South Bend Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "God, Country, Notre Dame"
- "South Bend, Indiana"
- "MY home town.. South Bend, IN :("
- "Golden Domers and Silver Hawks"
- "Notre Dame / South Bend"
- "River City On My Mind"
- "What Is Michiana?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Bend
- Hotels in South Bend
- Transportation in South Bend
- Nightlife in South Bend
- Restaurants in South Bend
- Shopping in South Bend
- Warnings and Dangers in South Bend
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Bend
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to South Bend?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Bend
Photos in South BendSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kalamazoo Intro, 8 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antananarivo Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Antsirabe Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Prague Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pueblo Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- South Bend Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Madagascar Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Lancaster Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Chicago Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 photos