"The Whole 9-yards in 1 day" Hakone by Maxiediva
Hakone Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 645 photos
Enroute from Kyoto to Tokyo, Hakone can be done in 1 day as a side trip. I got a 2Day Hakone Free Pass that allows me to travel on ALL modes of transportation in Hakone. The pass can be purchased at Odakyu Travel Counter in Shinjuku Station. Since I have a JR Rail Pass, I took the Shinkansen to Odawara Station to start off my Hakone Tour.
I took the Odakyu Bus from Odawara straight on to Moto Hakone, instead of going to Hakone Yumoto. This is the reverse route not usually taken by the tourists. I was lucky enough to get a good clear view of Mt. Fuji as well. Lucky!!
OK I did the Hakone route in 1 day, but I bypassed the open air museums and parks mainly because of the crowd.
Sooo cute! Travels at an angle of about 40degrees, I think, from Hakone Yumoto station to Odawara Station.
- Pros:Nature & Onsens
- Cons:Tourist traps and Crowds
- In a nutshell:5 modes of transportation in 1 stunning place
Maxiediva's Related Pages
Hakone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There’s more to Hakone than Mount Fuji"
- "Hakone - Popular Hot Spring Resort Region"
- "Beautiful Tourist Attraction Near Tokyo"
- "A quick stop"
- "Tour for Hakone"
- "Can you see Fuji-san? (Fujiyama for illiterates)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hakone
- Hotels in Hakone
- Transportation in Hakone
- Restaurants in Hakone
- Shopping in Hakone
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hakone
- 1 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Hakone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hakone
Photos in HakoneSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 2 reviews, 64 photos, 7 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 4 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kusatsu Intro, 4 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hakone Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Korea Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ueno Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 1 review, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nara Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue