"Deva the roman town" Chester by MacedonianUK
Chester Travel Guide: 486 reviews and 1,236 photos
Chester started his life as Deva,some 1600ysr ago. Deva was the latin word for the river Dee wich runs trought the city .Chester is one of the few Cities and towns in Britain today wich still has his walls intact,that means that you can walk around the walls and make full circle.Lots of time Chester had changed hands,but the arhitecture survived.Walking down Bridgestreet, you will fill as stepping back into Tudor times.
One of the imosing gates in the walled city of Chester is the south gate.Today is a buissy aproach to girls favorite pastime SHOPPING!!!
Not only Henry Tudor, but also Queen Victoria left mark on the city. Most of the buildings are fine example of the Victorian arhitrcture and the boom of the Industrial revolution.
- Pros:Amazing palce to visit. lots of nice little shops, nice places to eat,great nite life.
- In a nutshell:Worth time and effort.magical place with comething for everybody.
I stopped at Bindi's because I was hungry, and I liked the front of the shop. Best descission I ever made!! GREAT... more travel advice
Nite club/bar.Place for the young and young at hart.As a trendy nite spot, very often is the place where well known... more travel advice
MacedonianUK's Related Pages
Chester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE ROMAN CITY OF DEVA"
- "A City of History"
- "In Search of Romans"
- "Roman Chester"
- "Enchanting Chester"
- "Black (and White) Beauty Chester"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chester
- Hotels in Chester
- Transportation in Chester
- Nightlife in Chester
- Restaurants in Chester
- Shopping in Chester
- Warnings and Dangers in Chester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chester
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Chester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chester
Photos in ChesterSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola Intro, 43 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 31 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ohrid Intro, 12 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Bradford Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- FYR of Macedonia Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Skopje Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Strumica Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Stip Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos