"My courious World" MacedonianUK's Profile

I was honored in 2011 to be host of the 7th VT EuroMeet, which was held from 27-30 of May in Bitola & Ohrid in Republic of Macedonia.
Many old and new friends come from around the world to say Hi, have fun, share their stories and generally enjoy the hospitality of my wonderful country.
I hope you all enjoyed your time in my corner of the world. And if you missed on the meeting, you can always give me shout when you want to come and explore Macedonia, I will be more than happy to show you the treasures hidden in the hart of Europe, on the rugged Balkans, the place I call home and hart-Macedonia my own slice of heaven!

...............Tuginata pusta da ostane....................

...Bitola Baban Bitola
mene me pijan pak nosat
mene me pijan pak nosat
po Bitolskite sokaci....
...Tamu se zivot zivee,
tamu se jade i pie......

-Folk song-

STORY OF MY LIFE

Welcome to my Home page and thank you for popping in...
************************************************
************************************************
Story starts, on a cold October morning in 1969.
I arrived on my parents' first wedding Aniversery :D
I grew up in Bitola, with my sisiter and a bunch of cousins, spending time at my grandmother's big house...
Fondest memories of my childhood were the times when all of the familiy, including distant relatives gathered together for important celebrations of Birthdays, Anniverseries, Graduations ....
Any excuse to have party!!!

In my early teens I developed a taste for traveling, nothing too ostentatious but the Balkans and Turkey, were enough.
I was bitten by the travel bug!!!
In 1991, I moved to England, and found that England was all I imagined and more!!!!

So I stayed, for a long time. I just fell in love with England!!!
There I met my husband Simon, and then Nicholas and Neil arrived!!
We lived in Cambridge, and I still think of Cambridge as my home town.
But then, again Bitola always had a pull on my heart.
Nowdays I divide my time between Bitola and Aachen in Germany, where we currently live.

Bitola is an electric mix of Ottoman Turkish, French Mediterranean & Old Macedonian Architecture.
Place where I go to recharge my batteries, and where everybody is Welcome!!

In May 2006 another member of the family arrived, that was our little girl, Frosina Marija.
She is one tough, little girl!!
And as our two older boys, she is traveller from very early age!!
She started when she was 7 weeks old and her first VT meet was 2 weeks VT World Meet in Jerusalem in September 2008!
She also attended her first big EURO MEET in Krakow-Poland in May 2010.
Due to Simon nature of work we lived in few places around the world, and it is exiting,but the best thing of all is when I go home to Bitola

MY First VT Meet in Jerusalem

Well It was Simon's dream to go to Jerusalem and the Holy Land, and when Avi (Fruitlover), posted the VT Meet in Jerusalem, I jumped at the idea, that turned to be great Adventure!!!

I didn't know what to expect, but the moment I met the intrepid VT travellers, I knew that I had met kindred spirts.
And I made great Friends!!

Gila ( gilabrand ), Martin & Zohara ( Martin_S ), Avi ( Fruitlover ) opened their homes to us, and showed us real Israeli hospitality!

Delicious Shabbat dinner at the Brand houshold
Great BBQ evening at the Sampsons
Long night chats at Avi's
THANK YOU FOR GREAT MEMORIES!!!!!

VT is definitely one great family!

About Macedonia

Name: REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
Area: 25.333 sq. km
Capital: Skopje
Form of Govermant: Republic
Population: 2.2 milion ( 76 inhabitants/sq.km)
Language: Macedonian (member of south slavic group)-Offitial,

Skopje' Bus Satation

Ministry of Foreign Affares/Visa

Hotels in Macedonia

Wonderfull Macedonian Folk Costumes

Macedonian National Costumes has richness and magnificent handcrafted enbrodery.
This particular costume comes from the region of Mariovo, wich is in S.W Macedonia.
Usualy the Costumes like these take years to make,worn for celebrations, especialy weddings and are about 30 kg in weight!

Gypsy Queen

Esma Redzepova-Teodosievska
Famous Macedonian folk singer and UNICEF Good will Ambasador
Better known around the world as GYPSY QUEEN

Esma Redzepova-Teodosievska comes from Shuto Orizari near Skopje (the Capital of Macedonia), the only gypsy shanty town in Europe & one of the biggest in the world.
She started her carier as 15yrd old girl, singing Macedonian folks songs on Radio Skopje -Prva Programa (radio 1)
She is ethnic Roma and her voice is recognised around the world.

Esma Redzepova

MACEDONIAN NATIONAL GUARD

The dress of Macedonian National Guard, is the same as the dess of
Komiti, the Macedonian Rebel Army against Ottoman ocupation, worn in the XIX century.

ALL PHOTOS TAKEN ARE MINE WITH EXCEPTION OF THE ONES WITH NAMED OWNER. ANY DOWNLOADING IS FORBIDDEN WITHOUT OWNER PERMISSION!!!*

• Intro Updated Sep 10, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!