"World class city all packed into 7X7 square miles!" San Francisco by rkearns
San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,421 photos
San Francisco is a world class city, and to me, that means it has everything you could possibly want: a melting pot of cultures, food, theatre, shopping, nightlife, museums, architecture, views, political events, progressive and sustainable thinking, efficient transportation and most importantly, PRIDE. I love my city and it trumps LA and NY because you still feel as if you have a community but can also be completely off the radar at the same time. The people who live here are open-minded and forward-thinking, they like to try new things, support local business, ride their bikes, enjoy the outdoors and feel like a native, even though they may be from the other side of the world. I hope you can take some of my tips and use them to make your stay enjoyable.
You have to open an account (it's free), but here is a link to yelp.com, a community-oriented website dedicated to earnest reviews of businesses in the Bay area. Copy and paste this into your browser and you will have an almost unending list of places to eat, drink, see and relax.
the Supperclub is a one-of a kind restaurant where you go to be surprised. you are seated in bed and a small table is on... more travel advice
Although I applaud public transportation and biking, there is a culture of people on bikes who shouldn't be. They're... more travel advice
- See All SF cheap stuff
- See All buying basics
- See All stuff to do in s.f.
- See All must sees and how to purchase...
- See All b&b, central location, close to all the...
rkearns' Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 73 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 178 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 73 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Land Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Nexpa Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos