"World class city all packed into 7X7 square miles!" San Francisco by rkearns

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,131 reviews and 19,421 photos

San Francisco is a world class city, and to me, that means it has everything you could possibly want: a melting pot of cultures, food, theatre, shopping, nightlife, museums, architecture, views, political events, progressive and sustainable thinking, efficient transportation and most importantly, PRIDE. I love my city and it trumps LA and NY because you still feel as if you have a community but can also be completely off the radar at the same time. The people who live here are open-minded and forward-thinking, they like to try new things, support local business, ride their bikes, enjoy the outdoors and feel like a native, even though they may be from the other side of the world. I hope you can take some of my tips and use them to make your stay enjoyable.

My reviews of San Francisco restaurants and bars

You have to open an account (it's free), but here is a link to yelp.com, a community-oriented website dedicated to earnest reviews of businesses in the Bay area. Copy and paste this into your browser and you will have an almost unending list of places to eat, drink, see and relax.

• Intro Updated Sep 18, 2011

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM

No Patchuli
    LOL

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I AM that guy hiding behind the bush!!! Great tips !

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2010 at 7:07 AM

I love your city too, Regina. You're a lucky lady to live in such a diverse and beautiful place! Funny experience with Baker Beach - didn't realize clothing was optional until I downloaded the camera!! HA!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Great tips. Bring back fond memories of San Francisco when I was there. I drove to Chinatown and Fisherman's wharf often from Santa Clara. Cheers from Penang Island, SL :)

• tafa2009's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Iwish to walk on the red bridge of your town one day

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Yes he almost caught us, but spotted him before and we sat down close by to watch the fun....^O^ Martin

rkearns Used To Live Here!

rkearns

“not all who wander are lost”

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Latest Activity in San Francisco