"Faro and English speaking tourists" Faro by rkearns
Faro Travel Guide: 267 reviews and 917 photos
I took a 3 hour bus ride from Sevilla to Faro, a small beach community in Southern Portugal. It was a weathered, third world paradise! In Faro, I ate some of the local food, which seemed really British...I ordered egg on toast with sausage and got a fried egg on a piece of some unknown bread, a grilled tomato slice with grated carrot and olives on top, two hot dogs cut lengthwise, and mayonaise for the french fries. I am not complaining...it is just funny to see what you end up with when you ask (in English) for what you think is ham, or salami, or sausage, or even bread!
Faro is lazy person's paradise. It's a small fishing town with a few boats at the inlet, chapels who's bell rang on the hour, and late night restaurants that housed locals and local music. While we were there, we witnessed a procession of nightstick swingers, so we followed them until we were thirsty for a drink.
rkearns' Related Pages
Faro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Faro - Capital of the Algarve"
- "Much more than an airport ?"
- "So Far(o) , So Good"
- "Capital of the Algarve"
- "A Quick Taste of the Algarve"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Faro
- Hotels in Faro
- Transportation in Faro
- Nightlife in Faro
- Restaurants in Faro
- Shopping in Faro
- Warnings and Dangers in Faro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Faro
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Faro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Faro
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 73 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Land Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Nexpa Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos