"barcelona" Barcelona by rkearns
Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,775 reviews and 22,687 photos
you will not tire of the eye candy in barcelona. you have everything; gaudi, guell park and la sagrada familia, sure. you have la boqueria, the market with everything from a rainbow of colored candy to fresh unplucked duck...the contemporary museum with the big guns of the art world, but look even deeper and you will find the art of the untrained eye, grafitti. it is around corners and on sidewalks, trashcans and walls. barcelona speaks to and from many different walks of life.
the hike to guell park itself is breathtaking, and i am not just talking about the walk up the stairs. you also get to go through a forested area in the middle of this metropolitan city. the park is situated on a hill so not only do you get a great view of barcelona, you get it in peace and quiet, in a quaint neighborhood with gardens and fountains, a far cry from the typical landscape of city life.
i am a budget traveler, so i am always looking for ways to stretch my dollar. the best hostel i found in barcelona, and probably the best hostel i have ever been to, is called Kabul Backpacker's Hostel. it is centrally located just off la rambla in the plaza real.
it is a large hostel with a bar (well, you buy beer tickets and redeem them at the counter) free internet access, great music and down to earth guests. the staff is who makes this inviting experience happen. i felt that they are truly worldly people with a desire to be a friend to every guest. this is a great jumping off point especially if you only have two or three days in barcelona. you can go walking and hit many of the destinations on your "list" quite easily from this location.
- Pros:lots to see and do
there's a graffiti wall right next to the contemporary art museum. this is what it looks like, so you know you've found... more travel advice
you know, there are maps to guide you here, but when you arrive, it just pops out and scares you. after walking street... more travel advice
rkearns' Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "The capital of County of Barcelona"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 73 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Land Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Nexpa Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos