"LIVE, LOVE AND LET THE REST GO" rkearns's Profile
Blogging about travels here! reginafromrio.blogspot.com
San Francisco Supper Club (check me out at 2:10-2:30 and guess why???) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSL42jo9rV0
Hello and thanks for visiting! Solo Female Budget Traveler here . . .
Here is my current project:
Welcome to my travel pages! You have clicked on a Brazilian-born, California-raised artist who loves to travel and write about it. My specialty (out of necessity) is budget travel, and my challenge is having patience and understanding the differences between my American upbringing, and other cultures. As I grow to understand the way things work all over the world, I am grateful for my own fortune, and strive toward unabashed assimilation into the countries I visit. I hope that you will find these pages funny, useful, and most importantly, inspiring.
Here are some of California's treasures:
Wine tasting on the Central Coast of California
Santa Barbara-- Henry's beach
King's Canyon National Park
Hwy 1, California
L.A.'s Griffith Observatory
1000 steps beach, Shell Beach
the Monarch Butterfly Grove at Pismo Beach
Los Alamos antiques
kayaking the caves at Shell Beach
Sycamore Mineral Springs, San Luis Obispo
Cayucos on 4th of July
Hearst Castle, San Simeon
favorite Central Coast restaurants:
Firestone Grill, San Luis Obispo: the best avacado, bacon cheese burgers and tri tip sandwiches
Splash Cafe, Pismo Beach: Great sourdough clam chowder bowls
Santa Maria style BBQ, Santa Maria
Big Sky Cafe, San Luis Obispo
Red Rock (off Paradise road between Santa Ynez and Santa Barbara)
With the USD tanking, those travelers who are used to the more plush accommodations have to rethink their priorities. What is most important? A private hotel room with a jet bathtub and a view, or a room that is equipped with it's own shower, WIFI, and no view in exchange for a longer vacation? Consider this: a hostel doesn't have to be shared with other travelers. You can still reserve a private room, for a few dollars over the price of a shared suite, and have all the privacy and comfort of your own room and at the same time, having money left over for beer, transportation and other excursions.
Considering this option (and many hostel goers are over 30 these days) will give you more money, a longer vacation, and a true appreciation for life outside the hotel room.
Personal Pages (2)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 445 Reviews
- 528 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 46 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "hello all! this is a song for..."
- rkearns and MoosaRaza are now friends.
- Commented on rkearns's profile page
- Wrote a Review cheap eats in San Francisco Restaurants
- updated a Berlin Travelogue "the kebab in berlin"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Living in Vieques, Puerto Rico"
updated their Profile Page "LIVE, LOVE AND LET THE REST GO"
- Uploaded a Video to World
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 73 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Land Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Taipei Intro, 11 reviews, 32 photos
- Mexico Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Escondido Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos
- Nexpa Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Florence Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos