"Macau Challenge" Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau by i-s-a
Concelho de Macau Travel Guide: 706 reviews and 2,433 photos
It was September and Tiger Air offered a very special rate for October~December Macau travel at 9.98 Sing Dollar. I bought three tickets for me and my parents. It was my surprise for them and I didn't tell them about it until a few weeks before the flight.
This is my first time to travel abroad with both of them...my father's first travel abroad and my mother's second...so everyone was excited.
Planning for the trip proved to be very challenging. There were so many things to consider like:
- Health and safety...my father has asthma and heart problems while my mom has diabetes.
- Planning for activities which would be of interest for the three of us. I may like people-watching while they might enjoy a museum visit more.
- Researching for attractions, accomodations, restaurants, etc. (this is where VT proved to be very useful).
Another thing is that my parents wanted to experience "my way" of doing things while travelling. That's the most difficult part as I usually just walk and let my feet guide me. Staying in a cheap guesthouse is something that I don't want them to experience. I'm not a snob but a guesthouse is a place for backpackers not for people you'd like to give as much comfort as you'd like. I settled for a 3-star hotel and a guesthouse on our last day for good measure.
Below are some tips and traps list that I hope people would find useful when planning a travel with not-so healthy adults.
Have fun in Macau! We did!
- Pros:Rich Culture, Friendly People, Beautiful Buildings, Catholic Churches, Pinoys Everywhere
- In a nutshell:Where the East meets the West.
Saw this illustration as display inside the Macau Museum. Seeing those games, we can really trace some of our own sets... more travel advice
The view at the Macau Tower is beautiful but be sure that you or your companion does not suffer from vertigo. My father... more travel advice
- See All Factory Outlet
- See All What Does the Back of the Ruins Look...
- See All Tiger Airways
i-s-a's Related Pages
Concelho de Macau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M A C A U - more than just casinos"
- "Macau Challenge"
- "M A C A U"
- "LAS VEGAS OF THE ORIENT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Concelho de Macau
- Hotels in Concelho de Macau
- Transportation in Concelho de Macau
- Nightlife in Concelho de Macau
- Restaurants in Concelho de Macau
- Shopping in Concelho de Macau
- Warnings and Dangers in Concelho de Macau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Concelho de Macau
- 34 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Concelho de Macau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Concelho de Macau
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Which Bus Station to Take?"
- updated a Concelho de Macau Travelogue "Something That I've Missed"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Something That I've Missed"
- Wrote a Review Traditional Games and Toys in Concelho de Macau Local Customs
- Commented on one of jayjayc's Concelho de Macau travel pages
Photos in Concelho de MacauSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau Intro, 34 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 30 reviews, 81 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Albay Intro, 20 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 7 reviews, 76 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cagayan Intro, 19 reviews, 57 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Bohol Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 16 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pilar Intro, 10 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 58 photos, 6 travelogues