"Macau Challenge" Top 5 Page for this destination Concelho de Macau by i-s-a

Concelho de Macau Travel Guide: 735 reviews and 2,527 photos

Adventures of Travelling with Seniors

It was September and Tiger Air offered a very special rate for October~December Macau travel at 9.98 Sing Dollar. I bought three tickets for me and my parents. It was my surprise for them and I didn't tell them about it until a few weeks before the flight.

This is my first time to travel abroad with both of them...my father's first travel abroad and my mother's second...so everyone was excited.

Planning for the trip proved to be very challenging. There were so many things to consider like:
- Health and safety...my father has asthma and heart problems while my mom has diabetes.
- Planning for activities which would be of interest for the three of us. I may like people-watching while they might enjoy a museum visit more.
- Researching for attractions, accomodations, restaurants, etc. (this is where VT proved to be very useful).

Another thing is that my parents wanted to experience "my way" of doing things while travelling. That's the most difficult part as I usually just walk and let my feet guide me. Staying in a cheap guesthouse is something that I don't want them to experience. I'm not a snob but a guesthouse is a place for backpackers not for people you'd like to give as much comfort as you'd like. I settled for a 3-star hotel and a guesthouse on our last day for good measure.

Below are some tips and traps list that I hope people would find useful when planning a travel with not-so healthy adults.

Have fun in Macau! We did!

• Pros:Rich Culture, Friendly People, Beautiful Buildings, Catholic Churches, Pinoys Everywhere
  • In a nutshell:Where the East meets the West.
  • Last visit to Concelho de Macau: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2006

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM

i had a night and sort of 2 days in 1997 in Macau but lost my camera there so have never had photos to look back - am hoping i will visit for a full 2 or 3 days end of July/beg Aug later this year. am looking forward to see Macau again - nice to see your page!

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2011 at 2:39 AM

NICE!!

• Jun 29, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Richard at Augusters is a backpackers saint! I really, really enjoyed staying at his hostel. I highly, highly recommend staying at Augusters. Richard will make your stay in Macau a very memorable one that you will never forget.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I just watched on TV Kris Aquino with her son Josh? at Macau --- looks like a fun place! I love white tigers...nice tips! Norman :)

• melosh's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Perhaps you should make a little collection of 'traveling with seniors' tips. There may be special difficulties traveling with seniors (or others with limitations), but I think the enrichment they provide is usually worth the extra effort required.

• alywang's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Hi,Isa! your pages about Macau is so nice:)

• shintarojon's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2007 at 5:15 PM

mag halloween na kasi eh kaya yan ang tema ng aking pix..hehehe...sayang at di kau natuloy na sa liliw...

• battlesmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2007 at 11:11 PM

that was really sweet. shouldering the expenses is already good, planning a trip they can handle and will enjoy is so nice of you. love the photos and everything.

• Aug 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM

I am always looking at these pictures kasi naiinggit ako. Gandang tingnan. Kumusta na ang mga "godchildren" mo? Napakagaganda! mana sa kanilang NINANG.

• monina_c's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2007 at 10:17 PM

La lang feeling eye-talian lang ako today! ;D

i-s-a

“life is a journey ... living my dream”

Badges & Stats in Concelho de Macau

Have you been to Concelho de Macau?