"Ilocos Norte" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Ilocos Norte by i-s-a

Province of Ilocos Norte Travel Guide: 695 reviews and 2,435 photos

...one of our best road trips ever!

The memorable trip in Ilocos Norte in 2001 left me with wanderlust. In summer 2007, while planning the itinerary for Cagayan, I decided to make our return trip through this province instead of going back to Tuguegarao.

The place is familiar but I realized that Ilocos Norte has still so much more to offer. One of the unforgettable sights for this trip is the Maira-Ira Beach. I haven't seen a beach as clear as this...real blue sparkling water. The place is very beautiful and so little tourists, it made the experience really special. Our friend/guide Rellie had to call us several times before we agree to get out of the water. Another surprise is the Bangui Windmills. My first time here, the sky was dark and it was raining when we arrived but it did not dampen our spirit. Was so excited to see those huge windmills and the sight left me awestruck for a long time.

After my brother's wedding in March 2001 our family did a wonderful road trip up north. We visited the historical provinces of Ilocos. In Ilocos Norte, our itinerary covered the following towns:

THE CAPITAL Laoag - Bantay Bell Tower, St. William’s Cathedral

AND THE MUNICIPALITIES:
Adams
Bacarra - Bacarra Church, Bell Tower and Ruins
Badoc - Juan Luna House
Bangui - Bangui Valley and viewdeck
Banna
Batac - Gen. Artemio Ricarte Museum, Gregorio Aglipay Church, Marcos Museum, Marcos Mausoleum
Burgos - Cape Bojedor Lighthouse
San Nicolas
Sarrat
Solsona
Vintar

• Pros:beautiful sights...clean white sand beach
  • Last visit to Province of Ilocos Norte: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 16, 2007

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2007 at 11:39 PM

i am doing fine, isa. thanks so much for great comment through my west timor page. errrr .... not yet decide where to go in dec, but manado - davao seems have good price. i am looking forward to visit the phils again >> to ilocos norte!

• RobKSA's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2007 at 8:01 PM

yes i'm here thx. nice pagudpod tips. i could have rated it but this computer has a pop up blocker preventing the votes.

• monina_c's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2007 at 2:09 AM

Still waiting for my Bangui and Burgos Pics... :(

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Bagus! Nice page. I went to the Malacanang Palace in Manila, did not know about this Malacanang in the North. More shoes... :)

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 7:39 PM

goutammitra Sat Aug 26, 2006 09:48 PHT "I am saving all your new pictures!! They are just beautiful."

i-s-a

“life is a journey ... living my dream”

Badges & Stats in Province of Ilocos Norte

Have you been to Province of Ilocos Norte?

Latest Activity in Province of Ilocos Norte