"Corregidor Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Corregidor Island by i-s-a

Corregidor Island Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 904 photos

A tadpole-shaped island fortress, Corregidor is also known as "The Rock". It was the last Filipino-American bastion to fall to the Japanese during World War II.

My father often tells me stories of his youth...during the war but still it is only when I visited this place that I truly appreciate the men and women of WWII.

Going here...I have seen one of the most beautiful sunrise ever. I am more of a "sunset" person but this one really took my breath away. Amazing!

• Pros:Historical....heroism at its best.
  • Cons:Many people lost their lives over here...fighting for freedom.
  • In a nutshell:...ang mamatay ng dahil sa'yo. (excerp from Lupang Hinirang)
  • Last visit to Corregidor Island: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 26, 2006

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

After reading all your tips i have made up my mind to visit this place for the first time, after living in the Philippines for 20 yrs. We have promo tkts for March and August to Manila, but not 100% sure we can fit it in, as we are already committed to some engagements , but for sure i will allow an extra day for this on a later booking.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Looks like an interesting place to visit. Sure is a lot of history here. Look forward to our visit there. Lori

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Enjoyed your virtual tour. A reminder of the terrible loss and suffering of WWII. Great page.

• Apr 17, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Hi Isa. Come to Manado someday.There is a direct flight from General Santos. You may go to Bali from Manado too. Thank you for dropping by to my Manado tips.

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2006 at 5:54 PM

Hi Isa, Corregidor Island is really beautiful and made it more interesting with your tips. I am just not sure how I can visit all these places in so short stay in the Phils. Will make travel plan soon. Magandang umaga Freddie

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Very beautiful country you have. I have rated the tips too. Some day I wish to visit your country.

• bike_packer's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 8:31 PM

last summer, the aviary was down - no birds anymore. nabuo na ba uli? sama ka sa may2 VT meet for arnie?

• Audrey118's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 10:49 PM

yikes - leeches...i had one bad experience with them...one leech almost became my wedding band...yikes!!!

• sasa2977's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2005 at 2:12 PM

good tips, full of history hope to visit this place....

i-s-a

“life is a journey ... living my dream”

Badges & Stats in Corregidor Island

Have you been to Corregidor Island?

Latest Activity in Corregidor Island