"Henrik's Halmstad page" Halmstad by Calcio
Halmstad Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 95 photos
Halmstads BK is one of the clubs just under the really classic swedish football clubs. Located on the south west side of Sweden it's a real summer city, and a football game there in June-August is always very nice.
Could be a good thing to spend a whole day in Halmstad before the game, as the city and the surroundings during the summer is among the best places in Sweden. The Tylösand beach, the pubs in the city center, a walk beside the river Nissan are among the things that have made Halmstad famous.
The football club is quite special, as their speciality is to find young talents in small clubs, build them up to good football players, sell them expensive to big clubs, and then start all over again with new, young, talents.
It has made the club rich, but naturally it's hard for them to become really good. Their latest championship they won back in 1997, but just a few years ago they were playing in the group stage of the Uefa cup, after having won against Sporting Lisboa in the qualification.
- Pros:The summer games
- Cons:The winter games
- In a nutshell:Go here in the summer - fantastic!
The supporters of Halmstad, known as Kvastarna (The Brooms), are among the friendliest in Sweden. They have, as far as I... more travel advice
Over the years Halmstad has had a lot of players who then have sold to bigger clubs in Europe. The most famous one is... more travel advice
Calcio's Related Pages
Halmstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Halland"
- "Henrik's Halmstad page"
- "catbert's new Halmstad Page"
- "Halmstad Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Halmstad
- Hotels in Halmstad
- Transportation in Halmstad
- Nightlife in Halmstad
- Restaurants in Halmstad
- Shopping in Halmstad
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Halmstad
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Halmstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Halmstad
Photos in HalmstadSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Göteborg Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 25 reviews, 9 photos
- Milan Intro, 17 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 10 photos
- Genoa Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Torino Intro, 15 reviews, 5 photos
- Bologna Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brescia Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos